Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone managed to get Dropbox working on the university network? I can't seem to get the proxy settings to work - tried searching the Dropbox forums but to no avail...

ReputationRep:
    thats file back up service right? i know that dell datasafe online also doesnt work on the uni network. again, it doesnt support a proxy. so it would surprise me if this is the same.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't work on the Residential Network at UWE either. Such a shame, it's a really useful bit of software.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. It's so annoying it doesn't work, would be so handy for backing up essays easily and with no effort...guess I will have to stick to uploading it through the website version for the time being as none of the alternatives seem to work either as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I have any issues with it. The settings I use:
    Proxy type: HTTP
    Server: wwwcache.lancs.ac.uk
    Port: 8080
    Proxy server requires password: Unchecked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yakkus)
    Can't say I have any issues with it. The settings I use:
    Proxy type: HTTP
    Server: wwwcache.lancs.ac.uk
    Port: 8080
    Proxy server requires password: Unchecked.
    They're the settings I use as well and Dropbox works perfectly fine on the Uni network, in campus accommodation and when connected to the Uni wifi on my laptop.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I have it working now - I thought I had tried that, but I had http:// in front of the proxy url. Yay for essay backups!

ReputationRep:
    another useful thing to consider with work backups is using your personal uni network space as well as your own laptop/pc.

i copy most of my assignments onto my H:/ drive as the uni is bound to back it up anyway. there are instructions on how to access your H:/ drive on your pc on ISS's website.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Sep '18
  2. Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.