The Student Room Group

How the H*ll?????

I passed IB by not submitting CAS, by doing my extended essay the night before it was due, copying and pasting from my extended essay to make my whole business project, skipping 2whole months of spanish classes,forging the data for my maths project, not reading a single book in english and finally not revising for my exams at all....
oh and did tok presentation on the spot!!!

Who doesn't want to now my secret???? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

IB's real easy ppl! 2 years of total relaxation.... :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
omg, you're a fluke

btw, you said you passed, so that means you didnt get the diploma right, only the cert?
Reply 2
there's a difference between *passing IB* and *scoring good grades* :rolleyes:
You LIE.
Reply 4
hairycandle
I passed IB by not submitting CAS, by doing my extended essay the night before it was due, copying and pasting from my extended essay to make my whole business project, skipping 2whole months of spanish classes,forging the data for my maths project, not reading a single book in english and finally not revising for my exams at all....
oh and did tok presentation on the spot!!!

Who doesn't want to now my secret???? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

IB's real easy ppl! 2 years of total relaxation.... :cool:

Let's take it step by step:

Not submitting CAS: You submit CAS only to coordinator and if he/she decides that you did CAS, you passed. IBO may request some (usually 3) forms, but if it was not your form, you could pass without submitting.

Doing EE night before deadline: I know more than one person, who did it like that. And got A. It is hard, but quite possible.

Maths and business projects are marked only by teacher and around 5 from school are sent to moderator. If you were the lucky one whose projects were not sent...it is possible (depending on your teacher). Copy&paste from your EE to business should not be too big problem, becase it is your work and it is possible, that two different examiners were marking it (in case your project was sent to moderator).

Skipping two months of spanish: You do not have to go to school at all to pass IB (I am not completly sure, but 2 months are not that much). You just must do all work. And foreign language course...if you know the language then why would you go to lessons?

Not revising: It is not very wise, but if you have good memory and easy subjects then why would you revise anything/

Not reading a single book: I can believe this only if english was not your A1 (and maybe A2). Otherwise this is strange. You can do oral parts, because you just get an extract and you do not have to read the whole book (especially if it is poetry and you get one poem on oral exam. - you just need to know something about book). But doing WLA and P2 without reading a book (at least abridged version) seems quite difficult to me.

Reply 5
Jaetie
omg, you're a fluke

btw, you said you passed, so that means you didnt get the diploma right, only the cert?

i wudnt call 34points a bad mark, would you??????? :wink:
Reply 6
wtf... I dont believe you.. and I'm sitting here, preparing for my oral commenatary..
Reply 7
2 possibilities: 1 You are a genius 2: You are so lucky that You shot play in lottery.

Dont say things like that, i think most of us work hard to get good grades and You encourage us to do NOTHING!!

How You ddi on your A1 orals, B orals, Histroical investigation, Geo fild work or whatever you have done?

Give us Your secret :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 8
anyway i think that Ib is sometimes called the best uni preparation because it helps us improve our time-management skills and working under time-pressure... looks like you didn't actually lůearnt much while taking the programme, did you? so sorry to say that but you've probably lost two years of your life - since education is not only about getting some sheet of paper - the iB diploma
Reply 9
Monii
looks like you didn't actually learn much while taking the programme, did you? so sorry to say that but you've probably lost two years of your life - since education is not only about getting some sheet of paper - the iB diploma

the IB is supposed to abt developing the whole person, not just about academics - I did!!!!!! what about you???? :confused:

wasted 2yrs of my life??? i had fun, made new friends, learnt new skills and lived life! i may not the difference between the 6 different flavours of quarks in physics, but i know they exist (altho like alot of things in IB i dont know how this will help me... :rolleyes: )... and i didnt lose 2yrs reading textbooks in ma bedroom... :cool:

u only work uder pressure when ur under pressure, "if i dont write 2000 more words on e2 2nite, then im gona fail ib coz its due 2moro...." - now thats stress, time management? (i have 10hours, will sleep 4, spend 45mins on research, 20mins on references etc...) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 10
Mefju5
How You ddi on your A1 orals, B orals, Histroical investigation, Geo fild work or whatever you have done?

my geo prjs were bull, i spoke better english than my teacher :vmad: (we started first term yr1, so i got them done...)
my A1 orals?? *nightmare* but short and concise :wink: "the passage was very interesting,*loooooong silence* yes, *loooooong silence*very emotive, "
my B orals?? *painful memory*
TOK essay, the only thing i worked on... 38/40points *greatest achievement*
Reply 11
fine for you if you did so well, but this site isn't a great place to brag about it ... you just make everyone else feel bad/angry/inferior!
Reply 12
ekwalker
fine for you if you did so well, but this site isn't a great place to brag about it ... you just make everyone else feel bad/angry/inferior!

not bragging, just trying to show its not so hard to pass, coz im sick of everybody always saying the IB is soooooooooooooOOOoooOOO hard.....
unless, i am a genius, or incredibly lucky (unlikely)... then anybody can do it!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 13
I admit IB isn't as hard as some people make out. And I do think it's overrated. But I have friends who work hard- really, really hard. And they've been predicted 32-36. So for someone like you coming on here and saying stuff like that isn't really very nice.
I'm sure you didn't mean to brag, or make anyone feel bad, but in future try to be a bit more sensitive.
Reply 14
well....what will you say to a person who is doing 4HL's.... like me..???.....i mean...i'm getting screwed everyday.......Physics...Maths...Chemistry.....Biology.....man.....they are wonderful subjects.....soooo much to learn.....and half the time.....my teachers dun even know...what's 1+1 (metaphor)......my brother also did 4HL's....and he got like 41.....after sacrificing hours and hours of sleep....now anyone has a reply to that..??
Reply 15
i got a reply to that :cool:
Congratulations to your bro, and good luck to u!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 16
Santorini
well....what will you say to a person who is doing 4HL's.... like me..???.....i mean...i'm getting screwed everyday.......Physics...Maths...Chemistry.....Biology.....man.....they are wonderful subjects.....soooo much to learn.....and half the time.....my teachers dun even know...what's 1+1 (metaphor)......my brother also did 4HL's....and he got like 41.....after sacrificing hours and hours of sleep....now anyone has a reply to that..??

why are you taking 4 HLs then? are you too free?

most unis only want max 2 sciences even for course like medicine.. foolish :banghead:
Santorini

Hang on, are you doing seven subjects? I believe that you cannot do all three sciences under the IB diploma, unless you are doing a seventh subject that will not contribute to the six on your diploma?
Reply 18
actually.....our school does not offer a wide range of courses.....so we students have the option of doing pure science.....or pure commerce.....or a mixture (as in IB).....plus we have our own local examinations.....hence IB has given us permission to opt for pure sciences also....

--------------

i'm doing 4HL's.....cause i'm a genious...(joking)....i'm doing it cause i love taking on big challenges.....and so far....this has been the most interesting challenge yet....i have to remain as original and creative as possible....and at the same time....maintain a normal life....while getting screwed at school everyday....

--------------

i'm doing 4HL's.....cause i love taking on big challenges.....and so far....this has been the most interesting challenge yet....i have to remain as original and creative as possible....and at the same time....maintain a normal life....while getting screwed at school everyday....
Reply 19
i still think its stupid ;P

Latest

Trending

Trending