Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hairy candle is definitely not a genius, and getting a 34 doing what he/she mentions is perfectly possible. But, some of the things mentioned, like 'not submitting CAS' do not make a difference. You got a Diploma because your IBC said you did CAS. If you did not do or submit CAS, and you had a fair IBC, you wouldn't be getting a Diploma. You were also lucky about the copy/pasting. First your school did not noticed (or ignore it), which is sad, and second your work was not submitted for moderation. Doing things like that does not make IB easy; it's just that you 'cheated the system'.

Still, I agree with your main idea: IB is not hard in the sense that you can get a decent grade by BSing almost everything. Getting a 40+, however, is more difficult.

Finally,

not bragging, just trying to show its not so hard to pass, coz im sick of everybody always saying the IB is soooooooooooooOOOoooOOO hard.....
    You should not be sick about that. IB is as hard as you want it to be. You can be a slacker, like you were, or you can work hard. The latter will probably bring you more benefits.

ReputationRep:
    sumthing wat u did was not out of the ordinary...and neither was it a great achievement.U wud hav been better off going to regular skool and instead cud hav given sum1 else the chance to learn!!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he goes to a private school?

And anyway his score is good enough for certain courses.. and if it suits him to take those courses, but deprieves himself to take the courses which require higher scores, it his life anyway

ReputationRep:
    paridhi :
    Public school, kenya?????? sorry i cudnt help it - i started laughing!!!! :laugh:
    look away frm the two digit number your life revolves around for a minute... think abt what you expect to get out of IB and tell me, is it relli tht much
    more thn me, will u have as much fun as i did??? i can say doing IB was the best thing i have ever done!!! will you???? :rolleyes:
    but hey, each to his own... its ma life(cheers Jaetie ), and if u relli wanna go thru life thinking ur better than me, feel free, just dont try n test ya
    theory... i'm arrogant i know... dont hate me, u dont have time 2!!!! :eek:

oh ya and rudess, what more could i have got out of IB had i worked harder??? i'm good, i just dont have to prove it all the time...:aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hairycandle)
    oh ya and rudess, what more could i have got out of IB had i worked harder??? i'm good, i just dont have to prove it all the time...:aetsch:
    It's called learning more stuff.

And, to me, you are not good. Actually, I consider you 34 to be mediocre. Without proof, you are nothing.

ReputationRep:
    hey for 1 hairy candle u read my profile wrong i am NOT from kenya! AND i dont think i am better than u....i know i am better than u!!!Besides i never said that i did not njoy IB...I LUV IT! but u seem to be bragging abt it almost like u did sumthing really good for humanity!!! SO STOP IT! life is not abt finding the easy way out....pll work hard not bcoz they are mad ...because they want to acheive sumthing....if u are passionate abt sumthing u just do it. for example u want this girl to be ur girlfriend really bad wouldnt u do evrything to get her...???same goes for evrything we do in life!

ReputationRep:
    if you plan your work and organise it, take it piece by piece so you don't have to do all at once, IB isn't that difficult, you got enough time to do it all. but as you did and still got a good grade, i'm not sure if i belive you. for example you didn't read any books, you are supposed to write essays on the books you've read, like WLA how did you do that without reading? and you can have fun and still do all the work that needs to be done, it is all about planning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaetie)
    And anyway his score is good enough for certain courses.. and if it suits him to take those courses, but deprieves himself to take the courses which require higher scores, it his life anyway
    You get a score of 34, fine, a fancy piece of writing on a piece of paper. Now, try the same thing at University -- the thing which the IB is supposed to train you for through its rigour of TOK and the EE. Somehow because you've failed to put very much work into the IB, I doubt you'll cope at University when EEs are being dumped on you on a weekly basis.

ReputationRep:
    i do alot of work for the grades i get, i enjoy my time and EVERYTHING is done my way. i get the grades i want in the way i want them, i dont work little, i work alot, but it is MY WAY the free hours i have, the days i just go home and say "i will do nothing today, today is off" and days i say "you know what, today i will sleep at 1 and finish all week's homework"

YOUR RULES!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudess)
    And, to me, you are not good. Actually, I consider you 34 to be mediocre. Without proof, you are nothing.
    That's a bit tough on the people achieving 34, you know! It's a good mark. Yes some of us need more for our courses, but it's unfair saying that 34 is mediocre, when it's a pretty high and good mark.

All I can say is congrats to hairycandle!

ReputationRep:
    HAHAAHA, I'm not doing much reading in english IB HL, but the books are so damn long....and besides all you have to do is pick a paragrph from here and there and elaborate it and tada the teacher nods and does that "hmmm, good point" look, and then your done for the day! but apparently that doesnt work for other classes >.< and in spanish class, I do science homework there and it's screwing me up, so for you who skipped the 2 months and still passed it, congrats ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Thing is he's right if you aren't completely without brains and are capable of managing ur time in some way so you don't end up a night before the due date having to finish an extended essay, IB really is a piece of cake. I for example haven't studied for a single test, did all my IB papers last minute (which made it only harder for me), missed out on half the lab reports in biology, haven't written anything for CAS but still have a predicted grade of 42 and that is after the mocks.

What you can get out of this, is that all you really need to do is to sit down once a day for an hour to do your work and on the weekend maybe 3-4 hours and you'll find that in fact there is no stress at all behind the IB. I wish I would have done that. Like this I usually spend three nights of the month doing all the work that I haven't done or that needs to be handed in the next day.

ReputationRep:
    I find IB pretty easy, dont do much work and am getting great grades. I dont know how some people find all the work they do to be honest, I do pretty much bare minimum and am still getting 5 7's and 1 6. Still, not submitting CAS and not reading english books seems a little risky

ReputationRep:
    well, at least you know you're arrogant :-D
    Though I have to say I agree with everyone else. You shouldn't just come in here and start bragging about your lack of work while some of us are working our butt off to get really good results that we feel good about and know we deserve. do you honestly, truly feel good about how you achieved such results with next to no work? do you think you deserved that score? because it's really sad if you do think so. Really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hairycandle)
    I passed IB by not submitting CAS, by doing my extended essay the night before it was due, copying and pasting from my extended essay to make my whole business project, skipping 2whole months of spanish classes,forging the data for my maths project, not reading a single book in english and finally not revising for my exams at all....
    oh and did tok presentation on the spot!!!

Who doesn't want to now my secret????

IB's real easy ppl! 2 years of total relaxation.... :cool:
    Good lord; get a life.

I returned ~560 in English Literature having hand-written all three-thousand words of my A2 coursework with no prior draft, on the day of submission; the exact same approach as was adopted, incidentally, in respect of my coursework at AS. I was awarded 87% in the A2 History coursework all three-thousand words of which I typed, similarly absent formal preparation of any kind and also on the day of submission. I read no books; I absconded from half of my English Literature tutorials, and completed not one essay bar the impromptu timed assignment for which I attained 30/30. I accomplished precisely nothing by way of revision throughout the entire duration of my A-Level course, save for some cursory rote-learning two days prior to AS Politics (100%/99%/93%), and yet missed out on 'AAA' to the tune of not more than one mark.

All this constitutes, however, purely anecdotal evidence: ultimately, my 'AAB' is ostensibly no more meritorious than anybody else's; and your decidedly mediocre '34' (which, arguably, you do not even deserve) will be likewise disdained. Believe you me; were I yet afforded the opportunity to travel back in time in order that I might spend but one day 'limbering up' before my A2 'Totalitarianism' module, I should certainly take it. Indeed, the essential underpinning of your arrogance is merely a burgeoning sense of your own, fatal and inexorable inadequacy: the knowledge that, but for this 'marginal gloss' which you have yourself concocted, your mark is irredeemably sub-par; and a consequent imperative to ensure said mark be not construed at face value, lest its lacklustre quality should serve to detract from your superego; to misrepresent or mischaracterise the nonetheless considerable (albeit tragically, unrealised and inopportune) potential that it in no way reflects.

Some of these kids will score '40' or more. Granted, their 'folk myth' may be somewhat less engaging; but, '40' being '40' and '34' being '34', I ask you: who, venturing outside your prospective social circle and into the sphere of graduate employment for but a moment, is likely to care?

ReputationRep:
    Hairycandle is just a bored jerk who started this thread for a laugh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dismal_laundry)
    Hairycandle is just a bored jerk who started this thread for a laugh...
    i don' t really mind what is saying.....i just don't believe it....

ReputationRep:
    I got 39 in the IB, I put in my fair share of work when it needed doing but i was never one to slog my guts out for fun. I had a wicked time in 6th form and i loved my Ib years. such a laugh. and i bet i was less stressed than u since i didn't ever have to spend 10 hrs working solidly in the middle of the night. its a lot more relaxing to do 1/2 and hr here and there each day! Uni is awesome thanks to the IB. It's easy to just sit down and get what needs to be done out of the way and still party party party!
    It's not really that much to be proud of. congrats, u got a good grade without doing much. but if u ask me u let urself down. You should do what ur capable of achieving, and find a way to have a laugh at the same time.

I'm happy with the way I did it. For me IB was bloody awesome!

ReputationRep:
    fascinating

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.