Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Naturally skinny frame watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been going to the gym for quite a while now and with my shirt off I look pretty well built (:sexface:). Problem is, I'm naturally skinny, so when I'm wearing clothes I look ridiculously skinny. To put things into context, I only have 6% body fat. :erm:

Normally, I wouldn't care as I know that I look pretty decent but girls keep commenting on it and I have to prove them wrong by showing them that I'm not as skinny as I seem.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know you're 6%? I find this hard to believe

And eat more

ReputationRep:
    Yeah get your body fat up a bit, maybe to about 10%. Also if you have decent sized arms and a fitted tshirt on I doubt they will say you look skinny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Yeah get your body fat up a bit, maybe to about 10%. Also if you have decent sized arms and a fitted tshirt on I doubt they will say you look skinny
    It's cold; I can't wear fitted t-shirts!

I think it'll be impossbile for me to get my body fat up that high because though I eat a hell of a lot, I'm also really active.

(Original post by a_t)
    How do you know you're 6%? I find this hard to believe

And eat more
    Got a staff member in the gym to do the thing where they have the calipers on biceps, waist etc and then divide by 4. Got 6%.

I already eat insane amounts (trust me) and yet I stay skinny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FITNESSFREAK123)
    Got a staff member in the gym to do the thing where they have the calipers on biceps, waist etc and then divide by 4. Got 6%.

I already eat insane amounts (trust me) and yet I stay skinny.
    Post up your daily diet And pics.

If you want proper advice we gotta start with the facts....

Trusting someone when they say they eat a lot is difficult when 99% of people that say they eat a lot actually eat crap which is not a decent amount of calories...

ReputationRep:
    More oats and protein.
    Make things like your biceps, triceps & pecs as large as possible. On top of that work your traps, delts and rotator cuff.
    When wearing t-shirts the first thing noticeable is arms, then chest, so if you can make them pop, that's the best way to not look skinny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Post up your daily diet And pics.

If you want proper advice we gotta start with the facts....

Trusting someone when they say they eat a lot is difficult when 99% of people that say they eat a lot actually eat crap which is not a decent amount of calories...
    Breakfast

Protein shake
    Toast
    Bacon
    Eggs

Lunch

Protein shake
    Large calorific meal full of unhealthy fat.

In between lunch and dinner, I'll have another protein shake post workout

Dinner

Can of tuna/Tuna sandwich as a snack post workout
    Large meal- usually filled with carbs and protein.

This is the only half decent pic I have and it was taken around a year ago, but it gives you a vague-ish idea of what I look like. I've improved since then (bigger chest, bigger biceps, triceps, shoulders etc), but yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Skinny?! Your pic just turned me temporarily gay! You look pretty good to me!

I think the only think I'd correct as your tailor/stylist is the fact that you've got narrow shoulders. Disguise this by wearing suit-type jackets, all of which have slightly padded and shaped shoulders - you'll look fine. I doubt if you're underweight (you'd have no pecs if that was the case).

ReputationRep:
    x
    Mate, I think you're fine, but I would appreciate help on this because apparently I have a naturally skinny frame too.

Me:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Mate, I think you're fine, but I would appreciate help on this because apparently I have a naturally skinny frame too.

Me:
    Sorry to butt (:teehee:) in, but despite your slim frame, your arse is ridiculously nice... :sogood:

ReputationRep:

Me:
    Sorry to be blunt but...Can I have sex with you:sexface:?

ReputationRep:

Me:

You look pretty normal, skinny-ish I suppose. A picture without clothes (like the OP) would definitely help me determine how skinny you really are. :yes:

You probably just posted this pic up for attention-seeking though.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast

Protein shake
    Toast
    Bacon
    Eggs

Lunch

Protein shake

Dinner

This is the only half decent pic I have and it was taken around a year ago, but it gives you a vague-ish idea of what I look like. I've improved since then (bigger chest, bigger biceps, triceps, shoulders etc), but yeah:

this is the first pic ive seen which looks crap even though it looks like you've put a lot of effort in :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    Sorry to be blunt but...Can I have sex with you:sexface:?
    cringe

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast

Protein shake
    Toast
    Bacon
    Eggs

Lunch

Protein shake

Dinner

From what i can see is your very toned, increase your sets by at least 5kg a time (start off with what you can barely lift).
    Also you want to eat more calories then your burning.
    Work your chest and abs more and make sure you drink 7 litres a day of water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)

You look pretty normal, skinny-ish I suppose. A picture without clothes (like the OP) would definitely help me determine how skinny you really are. :yes:

You probably just posted this pic up for attention-seeking though.
    :sleep: No, I have a life and I'm adviced to gain some weight for my boxing.

(Original post by Rory :))
    From what i can see is your very toned, increase your sets by at least 5kg a time (start off with what you can barely lift).
    The thing is, when you drink so much water you start to feel full and can't eat as much.
    Isn't it better to replace water with weight gaining drinks where possible?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Cringe)
    this is the first pic ive seen which looks crap even though it looks like you've put a lot of effort in :/
    It looks like he's just tensing? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :sleep: No, I have a life and I'm adviced to gain some weight for my boxing.

The thing is, when you drink so much water you start to feel full and can't eat as much.
    Isn't it better to replace water with weight gaining drinks where possible?
    What do you mean by weight gaining drinks? Do you mean things like protein shakes?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by weight gaining drinks? Do you mean things like protein shakes?
    Sure, that and whole milk or juice drinks that contain a lot of calories etc.

ReputationRep:
    At least 5kg a time? You do realise that's pretty much impossible with most, if not all lifts, if you're starting with what you can barely lift. :facepalm2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.