Turn on thread page Beta

Naturally skinny frame watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    Sure, that and whole milk or juice drinks that contain a lot of calories etc.
    When you work out, the muscle rips and grows back quicker. Protein shakes are used to make the healing process alot quicker. Your body can only absorb so much protein. Milk and juice drinks are fine but if you are constantly drinking protein shakes it causes a build up of urea and ketones in the kidneys, water is used to help remove the toxins and help the kidneys function optimally. Also its hard for the body to actually get water from anything but water. Drinking alcohol makes the body use more water and also destroys recently built muscle mass, the same with some soft drinks. Also the proteins your body uses are transferred into the bloodstream via water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    At least 5kg a time? You do realise that's pretty much impossible with most, if not all lifts, if you're starting with what you can barely lift. :facepalm2:
    Sorry I should have made myself a bit clearer, not something you struggle to lift something you would struggle to finish a set in. It all depends on what level you're at my brother up's his sets in 5kg increments I personally do mine in 3kg increments. It also depends how far you are willing to push yourself

ReputationRep:
    I just negged Rory into the red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I've been waiting for that ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FITNESSFREAK123)
    It's cold; I can't wear fitted t-shirts!

I think it'll be impossbile for me to get my body fat up that high because though I eat a hell of a lot, I'm also really active.

Got a staff member in the gym to do the thing where they have the calipers on biceps, waist etc and then divide by 4. Got 6%.

I already eat insane amounts (trust me) and yet I stay skinny.
    You eat **** all, eat some food!!! I have had more than you by mid morning you tart! Why does everyone think they eat alot when they eat sod all!!!

Either that or stay skinny bro, you have a very small frame so without copious amounts of food you will stay that way.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I think you're fine, but I would appreciate help on this because apparently I have a naturally skinny frame too.

Me:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    x
    Why is it that when a guy posts an image of himself on the fitness section asking for help specific to his body it is seen as okay, but if a girl does the same for herself she is automatically assumed to be desperately striving for the attention of little misogynistic pr*cks behind computer screens? Seriously, just get a ****ing life mate.

(Original post by Rory :))
    When you work out, the muscle rips and grows back quicker. Protein shakes are used to make the healing process alot quicker. Your body can only absorb so much protein. Milk and juice drinks are fine but if you are constantly drinking protein shakes it causes a build up of urea and ketones in the kidneys, water is used to help remove the toxins and help the kidneys function optimally. Also its hard for the body to actually get water from anything but water. Drinking alcohol makes the body use more water and also destroys recently built muscle mass, the same with some soft drinks. Also the proteins your body uses are transferred into the bloodstream via water.
    Thanks, (I really didn't know that about soft drinks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)

He must have been pos repped back to green since then...

NOW he's back into the red again... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that when a guy posts an image of himself on the fitness section asking for help specific to his body it is seen as okay, but if a girl does the same for herself she is automatically assumed to be desperately striving for the attention of little misogynistic pr*cks behind computer screens? Seriously, just get a ****ing life mate.

So lets get this straight, what the OP asked for was help due to
    Normally, I wouldn't care as I know that I look pretty decent but girls keep commenting on it and I have to prove them wrong by showing them that I'm not as skinny as I seem.
    Do you too wish to prove girls wrong? All you did was post a pic of yourself and didn't actually ask anything specific.
    I am also really small

Thanks, (I really didn't know that about soft drinks).
    Becuase it is nonsense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory :))
    From what i can see is your very toned, increase your sets by at least 5kg a time (start off with what you can barely lift).
    Also you want to eat more calories then your burning.
    Work your chest and abs more and make sure you drink 7 litres a day of water.
    are you joking, 5kg at a time, nobody can do that
    and 7 litres of water a day is way over what you need, it just all ends up getting pissed out

ReputationRep:
    Well to be fair the OP didn't really ask anything specific either, I was more just lurking on the thread to get general feedback about having a naturally skinny frame.

So do you disagree with this?

Drinking alcohol makes the body use more water and also destroys recently built muscle mass, the same with some soft drinks.
    (I don't ever drink alcohol but I found the comment about soft drinks destroying muscle mass interesting).

My basic concern is whether a naturally thin frame limits your muscle growth potential. The thing about people like us is that our metabolisms are so high that we have to ingest a lot of calories and also do intense exercises to be able to use those calories to create muscle. It's quite easy to just say to someone 'eat more', but it's a lot harder than it sounds.

ReputationRep:
    You eat **** all, eat some food!!! I have had more than you by mid morning you tart! Why does everyone think they eat alot when they eat sod all!!!

Either that or stay skinny bro, you have a very small frame so without copious amounts of food you will stay that way.
    Eeesh, sorry! I don't have the money to eat 6 meals a day, moreover. it's unfeasible as the vast majority of my day is spent in lessons.

Besides, I consume well over 2500 calories a day, so I assumed that would be enough.

(Original post by MHorman)
    He must have been pos repped back to green since then...

NOW he's back into the red again... :cool:
    Help plz. You seem like a nice, helpful chap. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I've been going to the gym for quite a while now and with my shirt off I look pretty well built (:sexface:). Problem is, I'm naturally skinny, so when I'm wearing clothes I look ridiculously skinny. To put things into context, I only have 6% body fat. :erm:

Normally, I wouldn't care as I know that I look pretty decent but girls keep commenting on it and I have to prove them wrong by showing them that I'm not as skinny as I seem.

What should I do?
    OP im a girl who is naturally skinny and know exactly what you mean. Basically just posting here because if you get any good tips for putting on weight, let me know! I eat around 3000 calories a day so If you eat loads, I know how you feel!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get bigger, i think that was the point of this thread once then eat more and lift heavier. It's not rocket science.

If you're staying skinny eating 2500 calories a day then eat 3000 or 3500 or 4000...

ReputationRep:
    Attention whore or not she'd get it.

ReputationRep:
    OP, watch the vid in my sig

ReputationRep:
    Eeesh, sorry! I don't have the money to eat 6 meals a day, moreover. it's unfeasible as the vast majority of my day is spent in lessons.

Besides, I consume well over 2500 calories a day, so I assumed that would be enough.

Help plz. You seem like a nice, helpful chap. :hat2:
    Mate, I eat over 9000kcals a day, 2500 is not a great deal - infact it is about average for a bloke so you basically need to eat more.
    if you can't afford much more use alot of milk and just drink it all day - cheap and cheerful

ReputationRep:
    Well to be fair the OP didn't really ask anything specific either, I was more just lurking on the thread to get general feedback about having a naturally skinny frame.

So do you disagree with this?

(I don't ever drink alcohol but I found the comment about soft drinks destroying muscle mass interesting).

My basic concern is whether a naturally thin frame limits your muscle growth potential. The thing about people like us is that our metabolisms are so high that we have to ingest a lot of calories and also do intense exercises to be able to use those calories to create muscle. It's quite easy to just say to someone 'eat more', but it's a lot harder than it sounds.
    Don't mind me, I was just yanking your chain.

Right onto the questions.

1: A thin frame does limit muscle growth potential I am afraid - however you do not look overly thin with that arse - what do you look like from the front? Curious how wide your shoulders are.

2: Metabolism - You do not have high metabolisms, as the OP has said he eats around 2500kcals which really is not much, I eat more than that in a pizza. Most skinny people massively overestimate how much they eat. Natural selection would kill off such people if they needed such high amounts of energy just to survive.

3: Soft drinks do not destroy muscle

Quote me if you want anything answered specifically - or post in "Ask Powerlifter" or the "For the girls" threads

ReputationRep:
    OP you need to work on your back and traps, will make you look better in shirts and in general.

ReputationRep:

haha so blunt

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.