Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Naturally skinny frame watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albertb)
    are you joking, 5kg at a time, nobody can do that
    and 7 litres of water a day is way over what you need, it just all ends up getting pissed out
    You'd probably get kidney failure or something just as bad from over dilution of your sugars, amino acids etc etc.

I remember that "Hold your wee to win a Wii" competition on the radio, a person died from overdrinking water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FITNESSFREAK123)
    I already eat insane amounts (trust me) and yet I stay skinny.
    Sorry dude, but from the diet you posted, you hardly eat "insane" amounts.

I consume more than double that on a daily basis.

Sort your diet out and the gains will come.

ReputationRep:
    Bleugh, OP, you :sexface:d yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FITNESSFREAK123)
    I already eat insane amounts (trust me) and yet I stay skinny.
    Your doing it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBez)
    Sorry dude, but from the diet you posted, you hardly eat "insane" amounts.

I consume more than double that on a daily basis.

Sort your diet out and the gains will come.

Well I do eat ridiculously large portions of everything?

Anyway, thanks for all the advice guys! Now I know to sort out my diet.

(Original post by La Papillon)
    Bleugh, OP, you :sexface:d yourself.
    What? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Don't mind me, I was just yanking your chain.
    :curious:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Only joking, it's just a bit of banter I guess. :p:

Right onto the questions.

1: A thin frame does limit muscle growth potential I am afraid - however you do not look overly thin with that arse - what do you look like from the front? Curious how wide your shoulders are.
    Unfortunately I am. I'm about 47 kg- my weight seems to have just distribute itself that way. My arms and legs are thin, which isn't doing me any favours in thai boxing. My shoulder width is probably about 16 inches.

2: Metabolism - You do not have high metabolisms, as the OP has said he eats around 2500kcals which really is not much, I eat more than that in a pizza. Most skinny people massively overestimate how much they eat. Natural selection would kill off such people if they needed such high amounts of energy just to survive.
    I hope I don't seem to be trying to take the easy way out by asking you now for weight gaining supplement recommends...

ReputationRep:
    Get on Riptoes starting strength and get your diet sorted out. Eat eat eat.

Ive put on 1 stone in 3 weeks since starting riptoes, and my bodyfats stayed pretty much the same.

ReputationRep:
    go to mcdonalds?

mwhahahaha

ReputationRep:
    are you joking, 5kg at a time, nobody can do that
    and 7 litres of water a day is way over what you need, it just all ends up getting pissed out
    Yes, but if your filling your body full of supplements you need more water, your urine needs to be crystal clear. Don't drink when your thirsty, you should be drinking all the time even when your not. You should aim for 7 litres but i personally always go over the top. A gallon a day is what is recommended whilst trying to gain muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    :curious:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Only joking, it's just a bit of banter I guess. :p:

Unfortunately I am. I'm about 47 kg- my weight seems to have just distribute itself that way. My arms and legs are thin, which isn't doing me any favours in thai boxing. My shoulder width is probably about 16 inches.

I hope I don't seem to be trying to take the easy way out by asking you now for weight gaining supplement recommends...
    How tall are you?

What is your current training routine?

What is your current diet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory :))
    Yes, but if your filling your body full of supplements you need more water, your urine needs to be crystal clear. Don't drink when your thirsty, you should be drinking all the time even when your not. You should aim for 7 litres but i personally always go over the top. A gallon a day is what is recommended whilst trying to gain muscle.
    a gallon is 4.5 litres, i think a gallon is a bit over the top, but not too much.
    if youre drinking 1.5 gallons a day though, thats just extreme

ReputationRep:
    a gallon is 4.5 litres, i think a gallon is a bit over the top, but not too much.
    if youre drinking 1.5 gallons a day though, thats just extreme
    If your using createne and other supplements, you need to be going OTT I manage 5-6 litres a day no problem.

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you?

What is your current training routine?

What is your current diet?
    About 5'6

My training isn't intense :
    There's a three hour Thai boxing session on Wednesdays, which involves about 45 mins of skipping with squat jumps, stretches etc in between then and then we go over technique and spar. I go on a two hour walk on Saturdays and I have a 10 min run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

I eat a lot of high protein food, mainly rice, pasta and tuna and a lot of Turkish food is based on high protein vegetables. I drink a glass of milk in the morning and before going to sleep. I do skip breakfast a lot because I'm always in a rush to get to uni, but on my days off I have either porridge or a 'typical mediterranean breakfast' (toast, olive, fete cheese, marmalade etc). When at uni I have a sandwich, fruit and a snack. I would like to eat more lunch whilst at university, but I hardly have any time when I have five hour lab sessions with no breaks.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that when a guy posts an image of himself on the fitness section asking for help specific to his body it is seen as okay, but if a girl does the same for herself she is automatically assumed to be desperately striving for the attention of little misogynistic pr*cks behind computer screens? Seriously, just get a ****ing life mate.
    :rofl: QFT

ReputationRep:
    About 5'6

My training isn't intense :
    There's a three hour Thai boxing session on Wednesdays, which involves about 45 mins of skipping with squat jumps, stretches etc in between then and then we go over technique and spar. I go on a two hour walk on Saturdays and I have a 10 min run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

You need to add resistance training in the form of weights and also HIIT training for fitness for combat sports.

I eat a lot of high protein food, mainly rice, pasta and tuna and a lot of Turkish food is based on high protein vegetables.

Rice and pasta are not high protien, they are high carb based foods.

I drink a glass of milk in the morning and before going to sleep.

Good, try to have on in the day too.

I do skip breakfast a lot because I'm always in a rush to get to uni,

Stop this straight away, even if you make up batches of ceral bars or eat fruit.

but on my days off I have either porridge or a 'typical mediterranean breakfast' (toast, olive, fete cheese, marmalade etc).

Good

When at uni I have a sandwich, fruit and a snack. I would like to eat more lunch whilst at university, but I hardly have any time when I have five hour lab sessions with no breaks.

Shakes are useful, try blended oats, milk and peanut butter or something similar - good for some extra kcals.

ReputationRep:
    You eat **** all, eat some food!!! I have had more than you by mid morning you tart! Why does everyone think they eat alot when they eat sod all!!!

Either that or stay skinny bro, you have a very small frame so without copious amounts of food you will stay that way.
    Sorry to interrupt, but I'm also naturally skinny. I am following the starting strength routine, and TRYING to completely change my diet.

Only problem is I can’t physically eat that much. It’s easy to say “Yeah I’ll eat a **** load”, but if you can’t stomach it…then what do you do? Any advice would help haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    Sorry to interrupt, but I'm also naturally skinny. I am following the starting strength routine, and TRYING to completely change my diet.

Only problem is I can’t physically eat that much. It’s easy to say “Yeah I’ll eat a **** load”, but if you can’t stomach it…then what do you do? Any advice would help haha.
    Drink a **** load of milk. Eat bigger portions.
    If you can't stomach it straight away just increase the amount of food you eat daily steadily until you reach a **** load.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HilariousNinja)
    Drink a **** load of milk. Eat bigger portions.
    If you can't stomach it straight away just increase the amount of food you eat daily steadily until you reach a **** load.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I have started to drink 2 pints of whole milk a day. I'd like to have more, but it messes with my stomach!

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I think you're fine, but I would appreciate help on this because apparently I have a naturally skinny frame too.

Me:

actually, you have a very nice frame....

and that ass....:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I have started to drink 2 pints of whole milk a day. I'd like to have more, but it messes with my stomach!
    Get lactase tablets if you need them. Or just drink in small amounts but more regularly throughout the day. It works for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.