Turn on thread page Beta

I Just Can't Take It Anymore :( watch

Keep anon please

I just cannot bear school anymore. Since starting Year 12 in September I have been feeling increasingly depressed, stressed and ostracized by my peers. The truth is, I have always had issues going on in my life, and have battled with depression for many years, but right now I feel as though I am at my very worst. So today I have just come back from what may have been one of the worst days of school. First off, I had realised that I had a ****load of work to do since I miss the last two days of school due to trips, and second of all, that half of my so-called "friends" were not even talking to me anymore. To make matters worse, I had entered class for one of my lessons feeling as depressed and stressed as ever, and because I did not want anyone to see me cry, I had say by myself alone at a desk with my head on the table. My teacher spent most of the lesson asking me to put my head up until eventually, he kicked me out. Now, usually I wouldn't have cared less if a teacher sent me out, but it was the fact that one of my worst enemies was there, constantly winding me up throughout the lesson. I cannot stand this girl. Both my family and hers have had issues with each other since I was four, her mother had befriended my mother after she had gotten divorced by my father only to backstab and betray my mother. The girl used to be my close friend when I was younger and since leaving my old school to go to another primary school, she has grown increasingly resentful towards me. We were "reunited" when we discovered we had gotten into the same secondary school and since then, have had a tumultous relationship. I hardly talk to her as she is vindictive, cruel and sly and we have far too much history to be proper friends again. Recently, she has been as evil and cruel as possible,doing her best to make me feel as uncomfortable as possible whenever I'm around her, I just don't know how to put up with her anymore tbh.

I know I've gone on for too long, but does anybody have any advice on howI can cope with this? I'm really depressed and things have just gotten worse and worse.

ReputationRep:
    Just give her a nice big slap.

ReputationRep:
    Tl;dr.

But just put your head down and work on your grades and before you know it you'll be away from all that and in uni.

ReputationRep:
    Gym it up, knock her out, gain respect and win at life.

ReputationRep:
    Bear it. Do well and leave. That is all you can do. There will be one day when you look back and be happy that you've moved on from there and made something of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    If you're really unhappy where you are and people from your past are dragging you down/ making you miserable, maybe you could move to another sixth form? Or if you feel you really can't cope with sixth form at all right now, leave and start year 12 again in September, to take a break? I know a lot of people who have done it for various reasons, so you'd be by no means the odd one out.

But if you think you can stick with it until the end of the year, perhaps try talking to your teachers about your workload and see if they can help you out with it, and let them know how you're feeling - sometimes, if they don't know, it can come across as just not being bothered. Try and reach out and make some new friends in your year if you can, although I know that's a lot easier said than done.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.