Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi i was anting to grow my hair long, but i need a good condtioner first that hydrates my hair and actually WORKS. i want a long lasting SHINE. thank you people ive been recommended tresamme and aussie

ReputationRep:
    You could use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week. You can get them from most places, its like a mask that you put on your hair and you leave it on for a while and then wash it... It conditions the hair deeper than normal conditioner.
    Also check normal conditioner and try and get one that will rehydrate or is for dry/damaged hair.

You could try hot oil as well but I would attempt the deep conditioner first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    You could use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week. You can get them from most places, its like a mask that you put on your hair and you leave it on for a while and then wash it... It conditions the hair deeper than normal conditioner.
    Also check normal conditioner and try and get one that will rehydrate or is for dry/damaged hair.

You could try hot oil as well but I would attempt the deep conditioner first.
    ill buy both conditioner and hot oil tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    You could try Clinique Hair Conditioner - excellent, as it will not contain that horrible surfactant Sodium Laureth Suphate that is a chief scalp irritant. Amazon sell this quite cheaply, but Boots do special offers and, you can get Nectar and Boots points as well.

ReputationRep:
    Both Tresamme and Aussie are great. I'd say go with Tresemme though because it's cheaper and just as good. Aussie conditioner isn't very thick either.

Good luck with growing it! Men with long hair are yummy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHyacinthGirl)
    Both Tresamme and Aussie are great. I'd say go with Tresemme though because it's cheaper and just as good. Aussie conditioner isn't very thick either.

Good luck with growing it! Men with long hair are yummy.
    does it make my hair shinnyyyyyyyy ?

ReputationRep:
    the Aussie 3 minute miracle stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tany_rulz786)
    does it make my hair shinnyyyyyyyy ?
    It doess! They have different levels of intensity for each one; I think 'salon silk' (the green one) is the highest, so it's worth hunting that one down rather than going for the more common blue one. I have hair the length of my back, and it's managed to keep that looking alright, even through the harsh, harsh winter.

ReputationRep:
    It doess! They have different levels of intensity for each one; I think 'salon silk' (the green one) is the highest, so it's worth hunting that one down rather than going for the more common blue one. I have hair the length of my back, and it's managed to keep that looking alright, even through the harsh, harsh winter.
    ill take ur word for it then friend. but i have rubbish hair so i need to straighten it aswell i think x btw my hair only looks shiny the picture because its the FLASHH !
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I bet you don't really need to straighten it. If you leave it alone for a while it'll naturally become shinier because it isn't being constantly burned. That said, how long are you wanting to grow it? I suppose it it's not going to be long long then you could get away with the constant straightening. Do you use heat protection spray?

ReputationRep:
    go with aussie, its incredible.
    i had suuuuper dry hair and then used the 3 minute miracle and OMG.
    use it once a week and use regular aussie 'miracle moist' shampoo and conditioner, thats what i use
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    tresemme is awful, definitely don't use that if you're looking to grow your hair long. it gives your hair a waxy, nasty feel.
    aussie is the best i've tried. use the 3 minute miracle reconstructor, or take the heat. both are v. good.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I bet you don't really need to straighten it. If you leave it alone for a while it'll naturally become shinier because it isn't being constantly burned. That said, how long are you wanting to grow it? I suppose it it's not going to be long long then you could get away with the constant straightening. Do you use heat protection spray?
    like the guy in the other thumbnail

ReputationRep:
    A good shampoo is just as important. The L'oreal Elvive Smooth-Intense line is brill (orange bottle).

ReputationRep:
    thank you people for al your advice, ive pruchased the aussie one. But eh problem was that i shampoo too much, thus getting rid of all the natural oils my hair needs. so im not gonna wash for a week !

ReputationRep:
    Aussie test their stuff on animals.

I hope you enjoy using it knowing that animals have previously had their eyes burnt out with it.

ReputationRep:
    This, very effective, very cheap:

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Ingred...-350ml_863445/

Just put it on instead of conditioner and leave for 5 mins, does wonders!

Also, l'oreal elvive do great conditioning masks.

Another thing you could use is coconut oil. It's actually sold as a food but it's really nourishing for the hair especially if it's dry or frizzy. You just put it onto the ends overnight and wash it off in the morning. Sounds weird but it makes the hair lovely and smooth

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.