Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know for maths that you only need over 90% in C3 and C4. For biology do you need over 90% in Unit 4 and 5 or do you need over 90% in the coursework as well?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    As it's 90% for the whole of A2 to get an A*, I'm sure it's including the coursework as well.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am aware, you need at least 270 UMS points overall in the A2 units, meaning Units 4,5 and 6. You do not necessarily need above 90% in each unit, as long as you can make up for it in other areas and reach 270 UMS points overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndroidLight)
    As it's 90% for the whole of A2 to get an A*, I'm sure it's including the coursework as well.
    (Original post by Aku-gila)
    As far as I am aware, you need at least 270 UMS points overall in the A2 units, meaning Units 4,5 and 6. You do not necessarily need above 90% in each unit, as long as you can make up for it in other areas and reach 270 UMS points overall.
    isn't it slightly unfair though... those doing 4 unit a levels only have to get 90% in 2 units.... ARGH.... I guess this is a blessing in disguise. If I can get full marks in the coursework then it puts less pressure on unit 5 especially with the advance notice questions being so stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    isn't it slightly unfair though... those doing 4 unit a levels only have to get 90% in 2 units.... ARGH.... I guess this is a blessing in disguise. If I can get full marks in the coursework then it puts less pressure on unit 5 especially with the advance notice questions being so stupid
    True, I personally wish the coursework wasn't involved in it. It's going to be my downfall :sad:

ReputationRep:
    hah! getting full marks in the coursework will be fun/easy :getmecoat:

EDIT: and btw what advance notice questions?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meesta)

Its not going to be easy but its not impossible either, I've done more impossible things

True, I personally wish the coursework wasn't involved in it. It's going to be my downfall :sad:
    why do you think that?

ReputationRep:

I meant scientific article. We get a scientific article before the exam and we have to read and understand it and crap. We then get asked synoptic questions based on the article, its work a third of the paper.
    Its a KILLER, I had a mock for the article today and I got 14/30 which is just AWFUL. Its probably because I havent actually read the article but its still not a good grade

ReputationRep:
    why do you think that?
    I'm really not a coursework person, at all...

ReputationRep:
    I meant scientific article. We get a scientific article before the exam and we have to read and understand it and crap. We then get asked synoptic questions based on the article, its work a third of the paper.
    Its a KILLER, I had a mock for the article today and I got 14/30 which is just AWFUL. Its probably because I havent actually read the article but its still not a good grade
    DAM! is the article 100% synoptic?
    Oh, btw what are you doing your coursework on? just started to write mine - think i'm gonna do bit by bit each day lol

ReputationRep:
    DAM! is the article 100% synoptic?
    Oh, btw what are you doing your coursework on? just started to write mine - think i'm gonna do bit by bit each day lol
    its not 100% synoptic most of it is anyway.
    my coursework is on how limpet density varies on exposed and sheltered beaches

ReputationRep:
    its not 100% synoptic most of it is anyway.
    my coursework is on how limpet density varies on exposed and sheltered beaches
    Ahhh cool well when i get the article i'm just gonna get the AS book out!!!
    ahh nice

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys how did you do in your AS courseworks?
    My final is due tomorrow and it is purely marked my examiners.. I am dreading it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright)
    My final is due tomorrow and it is purely marked my examiners.. I am dreading it!

i got 30/60... a D. I would be quite happy if i got 30/60 in this year's coursework tbh :P

ReputationRep:
    i got 30/60... a D. I would be quite happy if i got 30/60 in this year's coursework tbh :P
    Bloody hell! But the AS coursework is out of 40?
    What did you get for unit exams?
    Hope you do well..

ReputationRep:

I got a lowish B, can't remember the number exactly sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I got a lowish B, can't remember the number exactly sorry.
    Cool, did that not affect your exam grades?
    I hate courseworks.. I don't want to go down because of it!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell! But the AS coursework is out of 40?
    What did you get for unit exams?
    Hope you do well..
    30/60 UMS for the coursework :P yeah it's out of like 40 raw marks.
    I got in the units:
    1 - 94/120
    2 - 98/120
    4 - 114/120
    Hoping for a B overall
    You?

ReputationRep:
    Cool, did that not affect your exam grades?
    I hate courseworks.. I don't want to go down because of it!
    I was lucky enough to make up for it in the exams, getting 113/120 in January and 120/120 in June.

I think that doing well in coursework requires a certain mindset (which I clearly do not have!). Some people are suited to exams, some people are suited to coursework and some (lucky) people are suited to both. As long as you work hard on both, you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky enough to make up for it in the exams, getting 113/120 in January and 120/120 in June.

I think that doing well in coursework requires a certain mindset (which I clearly do not have!). Some people are suited to exams, some people are suited to coursework and some (lucky) people are suited to both. As long as you work hard on both, you should be fine!
    Wow well done!
    Hopefully I can get full marks for unit two aswell :P lol
    My teacher thought my coursework was pretty good but I don't agree with him.. lol
    Goodluck with further exams/courseworks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.