Turn on thread page Beta

Am I Just Over-Analysing This? watch

Announcements

I'll try and keep this short.

There's a girl (surprise surprise) who I like. A lot. She was quite flirty with me, and I managed to get her number. So we've been texting on and off over the past week or so. O.K so far then, she seems to like me too.

But here's were it gets difficult. In person, she seems to be rather distant. Whereas she would happily start or carry on a conversation over text or the like, in real life, its just not happening. I'm in the year above her, and every time we meet its generally around people of our own year. So I'm thinking, alright, perhaps she's just nervous seeing as we're in different years.

So I decide to ask her out for a coffee, to chat away from school. Answer is no, it would be weird. Next day, its like it never happened. Even stranger, our texting sessions got longer and longer, lasting well into the night. In school, same old distant story.

So TSRians, I need advice. What do you think is up here. Is she too nervous? Too shy? Have I been friendzoned? Is it just me? And why would her level of interest in me (at least outside of school) go up after she said no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So TSRians, I need advice. What do you think is up here. Is she too nervous? Too shy? Have I been friendzoned? Is it just me? And why would her level of interest in me (at least outside of school) go up after she said no?
    Ask her.

Though it does sound like a good old fashioned friend-zoning to me if I'm honest.

It seems to me she's just shy around you. Its easy to be confident, flirty etc on facebook or via text but that doesn't necessarily reflect what she's like in person. Speaking from experience I would say she finds it wayy easier to talk 'electronically' or whatever than face to face. But the rejection for the date may hint that she's just not interested I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I read half a sentence... and then I decided it was not worth my time reading that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_13th)
    I read half a sentence... and then I decided it was not worth my time reading that
    Probably wasted more time posting that however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Ward)
    Probably wasted more time posting that however.
    probably wasted yet more time straining your walnut-brain to come up with this pseudo-intelligent would-be sarcastic witticism.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are over-analyzing this. She seems happy to be your friend and might just have a flirty nature. Get to know her a bit more, it's only been a week.

ReputationRep:
    probably wasted yet more time straining your walnut-brain to come up with this pseudo-intelligent would-be sarcastic witticism.
    Ouch. PMS much? Jesus quit the bashing and help or just go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    "no, it would be weird"
    You have three options, either ask her "why so?" (at the time) or **** her off, or just ask her straight if she wants to 'do something' by txt if she's being shady in person - quit beating around the bush, don't waste your life on some txt-a-holic dicktease :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. PMS much? Jesus quit the bashing and help or just go away.
    hahaha, a chick telling me about PMS.

yes, yes 6 years tell on you, my dear. Us, guys, don't have pussies, so we don't have PMS's, capiche?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramjams)
    Ask her.

Though it does sound like a good old fashioned friend-zoning to me if I'm honest.
    You don't text someone that mentally if you've been friendzoned.

How old is she, OP? X

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, a chick telling me about PMS.

yes, yes 6 years tell on you, my dear. Us, guys, don't have pussies, so we don't have PMS's, capiche?
    In which case quit acting like a stuck up jerk.

ReputationRep:
    Three times rule, short of kamikaze straffing her with blunt questions.

Two more asks and if she aint game move on. Does sound like she is just a natural flirt though seeing as she doesn't want to do anything with you outside of normal mutual activities and makes no flirty efforts in person.

Plus she said you guys doing something together would be weird, dead give-away.

ReputationRep:
    In which case quit acting like a stuck up jerk.
    OOOOOOOH!!!! Touché.... not! xD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.