Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Friend tells me she could die and I don't know whether to believe her... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically my friend has been annoying the hell out of me for a while. She constantly moans to me about her problems and keeps threatening suicide. Her ex dumped her and she can't get over him so she writes fb statuses about how depressed she is. Then I comfort her telling her how I'll always be there for her ect and she says she will stay away from him.

But no, she ignores my advice then gets hurt again. She tells me about how I'm her best friend and how no one else cares. Okay fair enough. She told me she isnt doing anything for her birthday but now I find out she had a party with her other friends. Even though I invited her to my birthday and even though I'm supposed to be her best friend.

I never tell her anything about me because frankly I don't trust her, also I think I might be gay and she thinks gay people are scum. Not to mention she is horrificly racist and thinks gay people and non white people should be dead. Also me not being racist or homophobic she thinks is weird... so obviously I don't tell her anything thats on my mind, I just bottle it up.

She has a horrible reputation for bull****ting. Recently she told me she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder but hasnt mentioned it since. Also none of her other friends know anything about it.
    But worse, she has just told me that she has a 50/50 chance of living to next year because of some sort of treatment :confused: I dont know whether to believe her or not. Frankly I am sick of her and just want her gone. But if she is actually telling the truth and ends up dying... I will never forgive myself.

Its just annoying how I go out of my way to be a good friend to her and she doesnt appreciate it and isnt there for me. I dont know what to do.

I have my own life to worry about, I dont need to be constantly making sure she doesnt kill herself.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like she's attention seeking.

My advice: Don't give her any. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't understand... So she's racist, homophobic, a liar, attention-seeking, and on top of that ignores you when you have your own problems... Why have you remained friends with her until this point? Ignore her. That or demand to see some evidence. Either way, it seems like she has wasted a lot of your life and isn't worth your time.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Compulsive liar?

ReputationRep:
    I can almost guarantee that her facebook picture involves the duck face somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds attention seeking. I'd stop feeding her the attention she craves. If she says something like that, ignore or just reply simply 'oh ok.'
    You shouldn't be afraid to say stuff you believe in to your 'friends.' If she shuns you because of your sexuality then... why would you want to hang about with her?
    Try and get nicer friends?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.