Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive chosen Birmingham uni as my firm choice for law but Im stuck on which uni to choose for my insurance. Im predicted AAB, Ive already got an A in General studies as a whole A level and Im predicted an A for extended project AS. Nottingham have offered BBB(300points) and Leicester have offered AAA but they accept general studies so Ive already got 1 of those A's.

Which do would you recommend if I dont get into Birmingham? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    .......first of all I dont think birm accept general studies??? im guessing its your fourth ...also being predicted AAB ...again birm want AAA...what did you get in LNATs?...on the point of your question DO NOT put leicester as a reserve... its my reserve to york (york need to interview me ) but I have the grades A*AAD already...with AAB predictions you will not make even lesta...being honest with you they rejected me last year with those grades...nottingham trent is poo however no matter what people say to you it dosnt punch to the same level unis that want 400 + points entry...try aston with AAB or even sussex?? not trent!! better for you to go to a better uni an study politics or something an get a first than say a 2:1 from trent...i sound like a nazi but there is some truth. Trent= last resort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionboy)
    .......first of all I dont think birm accept general studies??? im guessing its your fourth ...also being predicted AAB ...again birm want AAA...what did you get in LNATs?...on the point of your question DO NOT put leicester as a reserve... its my reserve to york (york need to interview me ) but I have the grades A*AAD already...with AAB predictions you will not make even lesta...being honest with you they rejected me last year with those grades...nottingham trent is poo however no matter what people say to you it dosnt punch to the same level unis that want 400 + points entry...try aston with AAB or even sussex?? not trent!! better for you to go to a better uni an study politics or something an get a first than say a 2:1 from trent...i sound like a nazi but there is some truth. Trent= last resort
    Ive already been given an offer of AAB from Birmingham so thats why im putting it as first choice, i got 17 on the LNAT but birmingham has still accepted me so that doesnt really matter. Haha thanks il take that on board but just want to see what others think, and I didnt think leicster was that hard to get in to :confused: ive been given an offer from them so

ReputationRep:
    what was the offer???AAB??

ReputationRep:
    sorry just read thread again.......its very strange you have managed to wangle an AAB offer but lesta are stricter than you realise...what are your other two choices

ReputationRep:
    Ive got lancaster too which i managed to get an offer of AAE but thats way to far

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well it sounds like you have some mitigating circumstances that exclude you from regular offers, tbf Lancaster is way better than trent and is worth going the distance for ...unless you need to stay near home...lesta is not a good reserve epecially with AAA offer

ReputationRep:
    If you go to Nottingham Trent then you will only feel as though you will have under-achieved and therefore I doubt that you would be happy with that choice.

I would take a risk with Leicester, especially considering as you already have one of the A's. The difference between Leicester and Nottingham Trent is on the large side.

EDIT: Classic TSR neg rep right there.

ReputationRep:
    yep huge so logically put Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    in Law I am set for an A* so even if i get a C in my last exam i will still come out with an A so im quitely confident I will get that second A too, so after what you've said about nottingham I think im swaying towards leicester

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.