Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Optometry Timetable? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone give me an idea of what a timetable for 1st year optometry courses look like (or preferably post one here/pm to me - especially the Cardiff timetable)? I'm curious as to the hours, and I'm trying to figure out whether I'll be able to live at home if I apply. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    *bump* :P

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about Cardiff, but I do optometry and I live at home. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm a first year Cardiff Optom.

The hours vary and change with the semester. However, You're never in before 9pm or out after 5pm. On Wednesday you're done by 1pm. Where do you live currently? I'm only half an hour from Cardiff but decided to live in halls for the first year to get to know people better

Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angharad H)
    Hello I'm a first year Cardiff Optom.

The hours vary and change with the semester. However, You're never in before 9pm or out after 5pm. On Wednesday you're done by 1pm. Where do you live currently? I'm only half an hour from Cardiff but decided to live in halls for the first year to get to know people better

Does that help?
    Thanks for replying, I live about 1 and a half hours away by car, but was wondering if living at home might help me save on accommodation Not entirely sure what the savings would be. It's good to know that the hours aren't too long, though - that should help travelling a bit! Are lectures every day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *romantic*)
    Thanks for replying, I live about 1 and a half hours away by car, but was wondering if living at home might help me save on accommodation Not entirely sure what the savings would be. It's good to know that the hours aren't too long, though - that should help travelling a bit! Are lectures every day?
    I live about 30/40 mins out of the city by car, I take a combination of trains and buses down to Cardiff for uni every day, takes 2 hours, and about £40 a week.

Stayed at home with intentions of buying a car but spent it all on gigs and festivals :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *romantic*)
    You have something everyday. It depends. This year no one had lectures on a Wednesday but we all had a two hour prac at some point in the morning (the time changed at the start of the new term). You're divided into groups for part of the timetable so it depends which group you're in. That make sense? I know some people who travel from Bristol which suits them fine. They get the train mind.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.