contact lenses Watch

fruitynut
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was wondering if anyone could help me please! I've got a contact lens consultation at vision express tomorrow to discuss and hopefully buy my first ever contact lenses! I had my eye test with them a few days a go and have bought a new pair of glasses already.
Basically, I forgot to ask and was wondering if anybody knew the price of a contact lens consultation at vision express and how much daily disposables are with them? I read something about direct debit on their site but I don't have direct debit so will I be able to buy some with cash?
Thanks guys!
amie05
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah you'll be able to pay cash. Depending on what type of lenses you need will determine the price, tell them you can't afford them if they offer you expensive ones and they may find a cheaper alternative.
supernova92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
DONT GO TO VISION EXPRESS!!!!!!
They are my optician and htey're great BUT for contact lenses they are a rip off. Go to Specsavers. I went a few days ago, and the consultation is free, and give you a free trial, and then you go back (still free..) and work out an option i.e pay as you go or paying per month (by direct debit)
At vision express they were going to charge me £50 for the consultation fee alone, and mentioned nothing about a pay as you go option and i am not paying £22 + for contacts per month.

Obviously, if money is no issue, then go ahead Sorry if this post seems weird haha, but i'm just excited as i've never had them before and today i wore them for the first time mainly because I wasn't aware of other pricing by other opticians.
Good luck!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (445)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.44%

Watched Threads