Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have an interview at Hollister next week to work impact and I was wondering what I should wear and what to expect? I was planning on wearing Hollister branded clothes (duh) but I have soo many because it's my favorite store, so I need help on knowing exactly what type of clothes to wear/colours etc which will be preferred by the interviewer.
    Also does anyone have any experiences of interviews or working at Hollister they could share?
    Thanks! xx

ReputationRep:
    Impact is basically off the shop floor, dealing with putting away stock/replen/getting items from the stock room for customers. I suppose it's pretty good because you don't have to deal with customer drama.

As far as I know they ask you to wear all Hollister clothing for the job and it has to be in the decided seasonal colour. The 'signature' Hollister look is jeans, a plaid shirt and flip flops. They like skimpy shorts/skirts too and usually lots of navy. Staff don't tend to wear the heavily branded tees etc. Armfuls of bracelets also seem to go down well - the beachy kind of look. Discount is around 40% and most people get on 4 hour a week contracts.

I got asked to a Hollister interview, but I landed a job with a similar company before it happened, so I never went. Some of my current colleagues used to work at Hollister though so we do sometimes chat about it.

As I understand it the interviews are usually done in a group and you get asked questions about the brand, why you think you'd fit in well, customer experience (greetings/taglines etc), the 'look' of the brand and so on. It's nothing out of the ordinary so I wouldn't worry too much, you just have to make sure you stand out from the group and let them know why you are they person they should employ!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.