The Student Room Group

do i hve an ear infection??

i cleaned my ear with bud but the wax is still there.....and its wet always.. sticky and i try it eat once.....didnt tast nice.....it alway stick to the lobe of my ear so how do i clean it all out.....
Reply 1
OP, :doctor:

We can't diagnose anything over the internet, but by the sound of it something might not be right...
Not an ear infection, ear infections generally hurt. Just a build up of wax. By the by, cotton buds don't always help - I went deaf in one ear a year ago, went to get it syringed as they thought was a build up of wax - turned out it was the end of a cotton bud lodged in my ear canal :rolleyes: just clean with ear drops if you have to.

By the wau - I'm not a doctor, just talking from experience
Sucks dont it bro!
is it because i dont often clear my ears?? i think this is the 1st time ive cleaned my ears this year m nt a very hygienic person...
NEVER EVER put an cotton bud down your ear! never put anything smaller than your little finger down it! you've probably compacted the wax instead of removing it. go to your gp. they can also check if there is any infection. Doesn't neccessarily have to be pain. I had a horrid infection where my ear felt soggy and itchy but not painful.

Just go to the gp:-D
Original post by Ellsbells3032
NEVER EVER put an cotton bud down your ear! never put anything smaller than your little finger down it! you've probably compacted the wax instead of removing it. go to your gp. they can also check if there is any infection. Doesn't neccessarily have to be pain. I had a horrid infection where my ear felt soggy and itchy but not painful.

Just go to the gp:-D

wat happens if u eat the wax?? is it poison??
I have no idea. nothing i should think. its not good for you but its not toxic or anything unless u eat loads of it. pretty similar to eating bogeys i guess.

But yes just see your doctor and don't use cotton buds again. don't know where people get the idea they should use them. any decent doctor will tell u to stay well away from them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending