Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

smoking... watch

Announcements

am i addicted??? have to have one every morning when i wake up and have about 7 a day, always used to smoke when drinking only but now i keep thinking about how i want a cigarette throughout the day

ReputationRep:
    yes you are addicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    am i addicted???
    i keep thinking about how i want a cigarette throughout the day
    Do you really need to ask?

ReputationRep:
    am i addicted??? have to have one every morning when i wake up and have about 7 a day, always used to smoke when drinking only but now i keep thinking about how i want a cigarette throughout the day
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    i keep thinking about how i want a cigarette throughout the day
    Gawd, yes you are quite clearly addicted.

ReputationRep:
    Uh yeah.

Nows the time to act if you dont want to keep it as a habit. Gets harder to kick once its engrained in daily ritual.

ReputationRep:
    Only 7 a day? You smoke like a child.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like an addiction to me.

ReputationRep:
    I came up with a thought recently; you know you're addicted when you look back to a time when you didn't smoke and think of how strange it would be if you didn't smoke now.

Think about it. I've been smoking for over 3 years and it would seem odd to me if I wasn't smoking any more.
    I have no reason to give up at the moment, so I'm not actually going to find out whether I'm addicted or not until I try to do so.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.