Turn on thread page Beta

Hi

Just something that's niggling at me-

Before christmas I got chilblaines (for the first time) on a few of my toes. They cleared up after a bit, but ever since the toes have been sensitive and feel slightly bruised. It's been 3 months- I wondered if this is normal?! :confused:

Anyhoo, any replies appreciated. I'd quite like to go back to wearing shoes that aren't my tatty-but-comfortable old trainers!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I also get chilblains. Usually, to make sure I don't get them. Is to ensure I'm wearing socks at all times when I'm not wearing shoes. When I go to bed, I make sure that I am wearing thin socks when I first get into bed, then take them off after the bed has warmed up a bit.

On the matter of your toes being sensitive and feeling slightly bruised. Ever since I've first had chilblains my feet haven't quite been the same ; this could be a similar experience you are having.

Though, it may be a good idea to get them checked out with your GP. As well as reading up on conditions that may cause chilblains; Reynaud's phenomenon etc.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I get them and I live in Australia, where it doesn't get THAT cold. I just have bad circulation. I make sure I wear socks to bed and gloves on my hands when I go outside, although that doesn't stop them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.