Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm retaking this module in summer and really need to ace it (as in full UMS)

Was wondering if anyone has achieved this and if so, how did they revise? what did they revise (notes or just lots of past paper questions) and what tips/advice do you have for me?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Many have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzarchasm)
    Yes. Many have.
    Thanks, very insightful.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing AS Edexcel Chemistry. It's mostly about you reading the textbook, make notes on what you do know. Add to it when you learn something new. Practice loads of past papers as much as you can. Get some revision guides because some people feel that it's explained more simply than the textbook does, though I learn better from the textbook :/

ReputationRep:
    I have the same targets as you OP. Got 86/120 in unit 1, so full ums would really help me to getting an A at the end of the year.

What i'm doing:
    - Printed out specification, and put it folder so i can refer to it during class or at home.
    - While i'm doing past papers i mark the things i don't know, then after i'll look up that topic in the specification and, learn and understand it properly. I'll keep repeating this until i'm able to answer almost all of the questions.
    - As it gets closer to the exams, i'm planning to do past papers in exam time duration. Ideally it will be best to do this in places such as the library.
    -I'll be also learning exam techniques from the markschemes, so i know how to gain all the marks.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for renewing this thread but how are people finding the past papers on unit 2, are you finding it hard, out of the 3 papers I done I got 2B's and 1A, the B's were very high but just finding it very hard to get the extra marks for the A, any help?
    (Original post by marshmallowfudgecake)
    Hi, I'm retaking this module in summer and really need to ace it (as in full UMS)

Was wondering if anyone has achieved this and if so, how did they revise? what did they revise (notes or just lots of past paper questions) and what tips/advice do you have for me?

Many thanks

(Original post by Jukeboxing)
    I have the same targets as you OP. Got 86/120 in unit 1, so full ums would really help me to getting an A at the end of the year.

What i'm doing:
    - Printed out specification, and put it folder so i can refer to it during class or at home.
    - While i'm doing past papers i mark the things i don't know, then after i'll look up that topic in the specification and, learn and understand it properly. I'll keep repeating this until i'm able to answer almost all of the questions.
    - As it gets closer to the exams, i'm planning to do past papers in exam time duration. Ideally it will be best to do this in places such as the library.
    -I'll be also learning exam techniques from the markschemes, so i know how to gain all the marks.

(Original post by x_chichi_x)
    Hey, I'm doing AS Edexcel Chemistry. It's mostly about you reading the textbook, make notes on what you do know. Add to it when you learn something new. Practice loads of past papers as much as you can. Get some revision guides because some people feel that it's explained more simply than the textbook does, though I learn better from the textbook :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.