Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by PALLO)
    I had an interview there. They told me, and other who were interviewing later in the first round interviews, they had already made all their offers for the non-law 2013 places, but still awaiting acceptance, and were actually interviewing for reserve list/2014.

However, this was in February, so I don't know if things have changed since then.
    lol I'll stop waiting to hear back from them then... damn I was sort of counting on that one - I did internships in Denton's Kuwait office before the merger, but to be fair I wasn't too proud of the app form - I sent it off relatively early so hadn't really found my stride

(Original post by tropical brainstorm)
    Re: SNR Denton's filling the non-law slots.

Depending on the firm, some take 30% non-law and others are 50%. I had always assumed it fluctuated by year, for some years most of the best candidates at interview were law students, and other years it wasn't quite the case and that it wasn't a deliberate quota imposed by the firm.

It is interesting that the firm have a set number of non-law places. Are there any other firms that have quotas? Might it be financial - the firm doesn't want to commit to GDL fees and sponsorship for an unspecified number of people.
    I'd imagine it's less about money and more about timetabling. If one year you took all law grads, and the next all non-law (just for the sake of argument), then there would be no one entering the intake at all for one year. Which presumably is not ideal for most firms.

For anyone currently doing the BP GDL, how hard is it to get a commendation? I have a TC offer conditional on that in every module which I will accept, but just wondered if it's a pretty standard mark to get/a little more tricky...
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.