Turn on thread page Beta

The world would be a very boring place without love, sex and relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    You may not agree but I certainly agree with this, after one of my friends said it to me.

If you look deep into things, you'll realise it's the powerful attraction between males and females which holds society together. Even we don't want to admit it, we all try and impress the opposite sex in some way. No matter how much money you have, how successful you are, how many material possessions you have, if you haven't got love with a person of the opposite sex, then life seems meaningless.

Often when I'm going through a tough time, it is the prospect of girls being attracted to me or a girl loving me that keeps me going. I genuinely do think life is dull and boring without that attraction to the opposite sex.

Being a guy, you'd probably think I would only care about the sex :rolleyes: Yes the sex is good - the powerful initial lust when you just can't keep your hands off a girl. But it's love that lasts.

Who here agrees with me?

ReputationRep:
    no one?

ReputationRep:
    .....it wouldn't be boring. what about science, music, the world per se?
    less interesting, maybe. but an amazing scientific theory is tons more interesting than a boring boy x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pieceofheaven)
    less interesting, maybe. but an amazing scientific theory is tons more interesting than a boring boy x
    only on TSR would you hear something like this :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Without sex there would be no new people, and therefore no world.

ReputationRep:
    fully agree. sex is just amazing so is the feeling that the person you love, loves you back no better feeling.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair though, 97% of music is about love. Or so it seems.

ReputationRep:
    I do agree, anything that plays on human nature (no pun intended) usually is important and interesting.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Sex is a pretty important motivating factor for most people. Even if they dress it up. An awful lot of what we do in life is related to the sort of people we want to be around, and the sort of people we want to end up sleeping with.

I do resent the 'opposite sex' bit though.

ReputationRep:
    True, but it would also be much simpler!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Without sex there would be no new people, and therefore no world.
    yes i think we all know that. but humans have sex for pleasure and not just to create babies, so it adds a whole new dimension to things. most other animals only have sex to create babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darude)
    yes i think we all know that. but humans have sex for pleasure and not just to create babies, so it adds a whole new dimension to things. most other animals only have sex to create babies.
    Don't worry, I'm just being annoying.

Being single for the whole of my life thus far, also a virgin, I'm inclined to disagree. My life, to me, definitely isn't boring. .

I don't see the point in revolving my life on the next time I'm going to score. I also don't understand serial daters/ people who hop from relationship to relationship as if only then they can feel 'complete'.

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish...

I spend 0% of my day in love; 0% of my day having sex and 0% of my day having a 'romantic' relationship.

Surely sport, science, markets, politics, inventions, travel, recreational activities, academia, literature etc. are far more involving and interesting?

If the above things in bold didn't exist then the world would be FAR MORE boring than if 'love, sex and relationships' didn't exist. (Yes, ok - for most people sex is how new people are produced, and the stuff in bold is the product of humanity, but soon enough artificial uteruses may be available such that you certainly won't need sex or pregnancy to reproduce).

(Original post by effofex)
    Rubbish...

I spend 0% of my day in love; 0% of my day having sex and 0% of my day having a 'romantic' relationship.

Surely sport, science, markets, politics, inventions, travel, recreational activities, academia, literature etc. are far more involving and interesting?

If the above things in bold didn't exist then the world would be FAR MORE boring than if 'love, sex and relationships' didn't exist. (Yes, ok - for most people sex is how new people are produced, and the stuff in bold is the product of humanity, but soon enough artificial uteruses may be available such that you certainly won't need sex or pregnancy to reproduce).
    Do you hate relationships or something? It is one of the most important things, how come you are putting 0% effort into women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you hate relationships or something? It is one of the most important things, how come you are putting 0% effort into women?
    No - I don't hate them! (I haven't ever been in one so am not in a position to judge what they're like).

But people tend to enjoy their hobbies alot more than 'relationships'. Why do you think a relationship is more important than a hobby or sport or career or friends you are really passionate about?

Regards your final point - each person only has so much energy they can expend per day - I prefer focussing most of mine on my career, hobbies and friends, rather than women. Of course, other people may give different priorities to each.

ReputationRep:
    Hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    The joys of life are too many and too rich to condense them down to just three categories...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    The joys of life are too many and too rich to condense them down to just three categories...
    Assuming of course, you're not failing your degree, living with your parents and under £27,000 of debt.

But pretty things are nice, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlust.xx)
    Assuming of course, you're not failing your degree, living with your parents and under £27,000 of debt.

But pretty things are nice, too.
    No.

But like most things in life, you can't have the good without the bad. All good would be boring, all bad would be worse.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.