Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Police in several countries have arrested 184 alleged members of an online pedophile network and rescued 230 children in "the biggest case of its kind," police said Wednesday.

"670 suspects have been identified, 184 arrests have already been made and 230 children, the victims of these terrible crimes, have been identified and rescued from further harm,"
    policing agency Europol director Rob Wainwright said.

"We expect these numbers to rise further," he said, adding, "This is already the biggest case of its kind we have ever seen."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...w1IvplvYlY0dCO

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you have a seat over there?

ReputationRep:
    Lies! I'm still sat at home :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: They had something like 70,000 subscribers!
    Disgusting, just shows how many paedos are out there :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I doubt its the largest pedo network. Largest one they've found so far perhaps...

You can't measure what you don't know.

But yeh... 70k "people"...

ReputationRep:
    I've seen bigger

ReputationRep:
    I had to laugh at the BBC's headline "'World's largest paedophile ring' uncovered"

ReputationRep:
    its spelt paedophile OP

ReputationRep:
    At least it's a worlwide one. If it were just in America there'd be guys in their twenties who sexed a 17 year old. ONOEZ!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobcat7)
    its spelt paedophile OP
    In America it's spelled pedophile and he'd copied the OP from the NY Post paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I had to laugh at the BBC's headline "'World's largest paedophile ring' uncovered"
    Glad I wasn't the only one

ReputationRep:
    Can you really call it a "paedophile ring". The 70,000 people just refer to people who browsed boylove.net, a paedophile forum. Does that mean is TSR a "student ring"?

Just taking a forum offline does not really count as "smashing a paedophile ring" in my book, especially since most of that 70,000 will not have committed any crimes for simply for browsing a forum, it cannot really be proved that all 70,000 are even paedophiles.

Even those 184 arrested, most of them were arrested just for looking at photos, and not really a danger to children. Only a handful of true abusers were caught.

Considering there's an estimated 250,000 paedophiles in the UK alone (and this figure is conservative considering it's such a hard thing to measure) this has barely scratched the surface. Depends whether they are hunting paedophiles or true child molesters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Glad I wasn't the only one
    Damn the vid in your sig is awesome.
    Cleverly made and quite catchy too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    In America it's spelled pedophile and he'd copied the OP from the NY Post paper.
    yes but what about the thread title? paedo not pedo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    Kudos to the police on snaring these scumbags. However why on earth are you posting a photo of Chris Hansen ?

Chris Hansen does not snare peados he just snares losers chasing after sexed upped teenagers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobcat7)
    yes but what about the thread title? paedo not pedo
    Why does it even matter? The word's Greek anyway.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.