Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    on the clifton campus

rate it out of/10

i'm a gymaholic so i'm hoping the gym is good

whats the heaviest dumbbell etc? is the gym small, medium or large etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yussss, this is definitely a defining factor on whether I choose NTU!

ReputationRep:
    brand new gym thats only been open since october, large enough size with seperate room for weights. not sure on heaviest dumbell but plenty of them to use so probably quite heavy.

all new state of the art equipment, can even plug in your ipods into the equipment as your working out.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how many squat racks there are?
    Are there mirrors so I can admire myself whilst squatting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasted Wrath)
    Do you know how many squat racks there are?
    Are there mirrors so I can admire myself whilst squatting?
    no idea on squat racks but assume they would have them, and yes mirrors , both rooms are full of windows as well as its all on ground floor level so you can admire yourself in those as well, if people looking from outside aren't!

will find the link for the gym and see if it has pictures for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    no idea on squat racks but assume they would have them, and yes mirrors , both rooms are full of windows as well as its all on ground floor level so you can admire yourself in those as well, if people looking from outside aren't!

will find the link for the gym and see if it has pictures for you
    Haha thanks, must say I feel like I'm becoming one of those people. Won't be long till I start eyeing myself up like some people I see in my gym.

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks, must say I feel like I'm becoming one of those people. Won't be long till I start eyeing myself up like some people I see in my gym.
    Men usually do it then see if people notice them doing it and think are they jealous of me.

here's link to website with details for you and pics, gym is bigger than the pics make out just taken at an angle. http://www.ntu.ac.uk/sport/facilitie...ton/index.html

the name of the sports centre may be familiar to you as well, sure you'll realise why in a minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    Men usually do it then see if people notice them doing it and think are they jealous of me.

here's link to website with details for you and pics, gym is bigger than the pics make out just taken at an angle. http://www.ntu.ac.uk/sport/facilitie...ton/index.html

the name of the sports centre may be familiar to you as well, sure you'll realise why in a minute
    I see a squat rack! phew. Thanks for that, had to google the name, did he attend NTU?

ReputationRep:
    I see a squat rack! phew. Thanks for that, had to google the name, did he attend NTU?
    unfortunately he didn't but he is from nottinghamshire so they decided to name the building after him which they succeeded in getting him to attend the opening of.

we have the odd sports person graduate from the university though, steve trapmore who won gold a few times with british rowing team at the olympics, and now the coach of cambridge uni rowing team. sure there are otehrs but not in my head at minute

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ntualumni.org.uk/NetCommu...e.aspx?pid=305 small selection of the university's alumni, some famous names in there. nick easter, paul kaye and one of the members of the friendly fires

ReputationRep:
    looks like we can hit up the gym together (no homo)

whats your squat
    bench
    deadlift?

height and weight

how long have you been lifting for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francistheswole)
    looks like we can hit up the gym together (no homo)

whats your squat
    bench
    deadlift?

height and weight

how long have you been lifting for?
    Yeah defo, squat is at 130kg
    bench is shameful (like 70kg, don't know what's going on)
    Deadlift 140kg
    lifting for 3 months now, missed quite a bit though due to being disgustingly ill and nearly ****ting myself while leg pressing >.<

6"1' 91kg
    you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah defo, squat is at 130kg
    bench is shameful (like 70kg, don't know what's going on)
    Deadlift 140kg
    lifting for 3 months now, missed quite a bit though due to being disgustingly ill and nearly ****ting myself while leg pressing >.<

6"1' 91kg
    you?
    squat is 130kg for 6 reps
    deadlift is 200kg for 1 rep
    bench is 100kg for 6 reps

been training for a year and a half.

my height is 6ft and i weight around 75-77kg

ReputationRep:

Nice nice, the day I deadlift 200kg is the day I scream out loud in my notoriously silent gym.

ReputationRep:

year and a half? your lifts are pretty good, but you seem a little skinny, unless your not going for bulk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    year and a half? your lifts are pretty good, but you seem a little skinny, unless your not going for bulk?
    my peak was 80kg, surprisingly i've been trying to bulk ever since i started lifting weights. when everything seems to be going well (weight wise) i end up sick and loose all my weight which leaves me back to square one. i am currently on a bulk now. eating 6 meals a day(roughly 3k+ calories 170+ protein) etc i'm trying to get to around 90kg+

ReputationRep:
    my peak was 80kg, surprisingly i've been trying to bulk ever since i started lifting weights. when everything seems to be going well (weight wise) i end up sick and loose all my weight which leaves me back to square one. i am currently on a bulk now. eating 6 meals a day(roughly 3k+ calories 170+ protein) etc i'm trying to get to around 90kg+
    yeh i started training 3-4 month's ago i started at 70kg and now am 82kg, im 6ft'2. Aiming to get to 90kg in around 4-5 month's. Although getting so much harder to gain weight.

just think if we were 5ft10, w'd look pretty massive lol

how long you think it'l take you to get to 90kg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    yeh i started training 3-4 month's ago i started at 70kg and now am 82kg, im 6ft'2. Aiming to get to 90kg in around 4-5 month's. Although getting so much harder to gain weight.

just think if we were 5ft10, w'd look pretty massive lol

how long you think it'l take you to get to 90kg?
    half a year minimum, plus i need to consider fat gains. even though i have a very fast metabolism

ReputationRep:
    bad grammar on the gym link.. Read the first sentence on the Fitness Suite paragraph

ReputationRep:
    also how much is the gym?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.