Turn on thread page Beta

okay can we have a bit of perspective going on here? watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    picture removed - experiment over

okay enough is enough.

I'm size 16

so basically you were all wrong, and it proves my point doesn't it. That people who go on about size 10/12 being overweight clearly have a warped sense of perspective.

Experiment over

ReputationRep:
    10 sometimes a 12

We are the same height by the way.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    14? About normal really.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Drag queen?
    no totally female but thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    14, I'd say. You need to get some new lipstick though...

ReputationRep:
    You're very handsome.

ReputationRep:
    12, maybe. I'm not very good at judging this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    12?

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess 14

ReputationRep:
    The Fu-

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess a 12.

ReputationRep:
    Too late, pic is gone :sad:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Too late, pic is gone :sad:
    yeh sorry, there's only so much of "you look like a drag queen" I could take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    But now... your post doesn't actually make much sense.

ReputationRep:
    I got a tad confused as there was no picture. It's not a warped view though, surely it's more dependent on what peoples preferences are? One person may have an idealised image of a girl and that's one who is a size 8, and so to THEM, a size 12 is overweight however when people say "overweight" I'm not sure weight is the right term as obviously it's more like body structure along with the weight. A girl can be a size 14-16 and be a healthy weight for her height and bone structure.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I got a tad confused as there was no picture. It's not a warped view though, surely it's more dependent on what peoples preferences are? One person may have an idealised image of a girl and that's one who is a size 8, and so to THEM, a size 12 is overweight however when people say "overweight" I'm not sure weight is the right term as obviously it's more like body structure along with the weight. A girl can be a size 14-16 and be a healthy weight for her height and bone structure.
    technically though I'm not even (BMI wise) a healthy weight for my height. I AM overweight. Yet people all guessed incorrectly and placed me at a lower weight than I actually am.
    It just goes to show that if somebody says they're a size 16, it doesn't necessarily have to mean billowing rolls of fat!
    It shows that peoples perspectives when it comes to judging dress sizes isn't very accurate. So people who say "oh yeh, anything above a 12 is enormous" clearly don't really know what a 12 is at all!

ReputationRep:
    You don't look like a drag queen :nah:
    Yawn11's just a bit if a *****...a funny ***** (on other threads)
    But, yeah I think people here see size 10 as fat :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It just goes to show that if somebody says they're a size 16, it doesn't necessarily have to mean billowing rolls of fat!
    Well my girlfriend is 14-16(depends on the style of clothing obviously) and so I know this already. But yes I suppose it's a little like the confusion some seem to have with breast size and how it links with cup and back measurement, in that many think the cup is the only thing which seems to matter where as a 36C is clearly bigger then a 28D volume wise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.