Turn on thread page Beta

why this response? guys? why would you respond this watch

i'm involved with a guy and we had a small falling out over some thing so small. he then ignored me, my calls/texts/fb messages/in real life and i let him cool off. i bumped into him at a friends party and we started talking again. i texted him just now saying "so you're done with ignoring me? haha" and an hour later he texted back "are you actually asking me this question."

is he pissed?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pissed.

(Original post by Liam 09)
    Sounds pissed.
    what about

i wrote "haha"

ReputationRep:
    I would be pissed lol that's a really stupid thing to say :l

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with his best friend. Then he really will have something to be angry about.

ReputationRep:
    What was the falling or over, what did you say/do?

(Original post by POWW!)
    I would be pissed lol that's a really stupid thing to say :l
    is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what about

i wrote "haha"
    Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he just takes offence at what you said because he wasn't ignoring you, nobody here knows. But judging from his reply, he sounds pissed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    This. You can't give us 10% of the story and expect us to have the answer :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i'm involved with a guy and we had a small falling out over some thing so small. he then ignored me, my calls/texts/fb messages/in real life and i let him cool off. i bumped into him at a friends party and we started talking again. i texted him just now saying "so you're done with ignoring me? haha" and an hour later he texted back "are you actually asking me this question."

is he pissed?
    Tell him to get a grip of himself and man up.

ReputationRep:
    Really not trying to be sexist but what the hell it sounds like quite a female thing to do really, him ignoring you over a small issue and blowing it out of proportion. Then giving a silly unclear answer to your jokey text.

Ignore him for a few days, see what he does then.

Seriously though we can't exactly work out how immature he's being until we have some idea of what this small argument was about.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Really not trying to be sexist but what the hell it sounds like quite a female thing to do really, him ignoring you over a small issue and blowing it out of proportion. Then giving a silly unclear answer to your jokey text.

Ignore him for a few days, see what he does then.

Seriously though we can't exactly work out how immature he's being until we have some idea of what this small argument was about.

(Original post by Miss Behaving)
    This. You can't give us 10% of the story and expect us to have the answer :confused:
    a mutual friend had a party and at this party, i of course greeted other people. i hugged one of my guy friends and he saw this and also saw him leading me to the bar by my hand. it was totally platonic though.

ReputationRep:
    a mutual friend had a party and at this party, i of course greeted other people. i hugged one of my guy friends and he saw this and also saw him leading me to the bar by my hand. it was totally platonic though.
    Ah right. Probably just a tad insecure then. Some guys can be very uncomfortable about even little things like that. I'm very huggy so hug all female friends, our whole friendship group is so it isn't a problem but if he's not used to friends being affectionate like that(some people really aren't) he might read into it more then he should be.

I assume you explained to him clearly it was platonic? If so then yeah he's being a bit of an idiot at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should stop bothering him. Hate girls thar text every other minute.

(Original post by joey11223)
    Ah right. Probably just a tad insecure then. Some guys can be very uncomfortable about even little things like that. I'm very huggy so hug all female friends, our whole friendship group is so it isn't a problem but if he's not used to friends being affectionate like that(some people really aren't) he might read into it more then he should be.

I assume you explained to him clearly it was platonic? If so then yeah he's being a bit of an idiot at this stage.
    yeah, i explained it. he knows the guy and knows he's just my friend and nothing would ever happen. so, i dont know maybe he's still pissed about it

ReputationRep:
    I say ignore him for a bit and let him come to you. If you have told him it meant nothing and have apologised then there isn't much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    I can only imagine he felt you were leading him on. I mean, you flirt, flirt, flirt some more and then, when there's a chance to do something about it (at the party) he see you going off with some other guy.

I know this isn't the whole picture, but it seems to be the bit he sees.

So, to him, you asking "are you done ignoring me", would sound s**t

ReputationRep:
    Is it National Talk Like an American Day again?

ReputationRep:
    He most likely wants to forget the issue. You have made him feel like he is the one being unreasonable (which might be the case) which is most likely what he is upset about.

ReputationRep:
    You have done nothing wrong so if he is pissed, thats his problem.
    Let him know when he stops acting like a 8 year old, he can come talk to you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.