Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pizza toppings and extras - what do you guys like on yours? watch

ReputationRep:
    Chilli is a must have.

ReputationRep:
    Either margherita or pepperoni, possibly with jalapenos. I'll allow olives. I just hate pizzas that have loads of stuff on, it all just falls of when you pick it up. Sweetcorn :no:

ReputationRep:
    Normally when I have pizza it's topped with pepperoni and onion, with chillies and/or garlic either as a topping or (more commonly since I make my own pizzas rather than getting ready-made ones in the shops) blitzed in with the tomato sauce :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    But, but...the crust. :puppyeyes: :coma:
    Look if you enjoy it and think it tastes good, then eat until your hearts content. However as an italian, i am disposed to say that, there is no way you can call that thing a pizza lol.

ReputationRep:
    The Mighty Meaty from Dominoes - ooomg so sexay

also that spicy one at Papa Johns - forgot the name...

but yeah, pepperoni, chorizo, jalapenos, mushrooms, green or red peppers, meat, chicken and bloody hell I really want to order a pizza now.. from dominoes

ReputationRep:
    Stuffed crust -om mon!

ReputationRep:
    What toppings or extras do you guys like (or vehemently dislike) on your pizzas?

Amongst mushrooms and other toppings, stuffed crust (doesn't strictly count as a topping, but rather an extra) is the one that really sticks out. Greatest pizza-related invention ever. :coma:

I violate some fundamental rules when it comes to stuffed crust pizzas though. I don't eat the crust, I take the cheese out of the crust and eat it like that. :ninja:

Taking special delight in Pizza Hut's Cheesy Bites pizzas, you just peel off the individual parts...simple yet pure genius... :coma:

I pre-make like.... around 50-100+ pizzas a week. xD
    'Pre-make' so... not cooked.

My main topics will be.... Tuna, Chicken, Mushrooms, Sweetcorn. Or a full Meat feast - chicken and beef only. How unfortunate that I can't make a pizza like this for myself. =(

Too bad, I made a promise not to eat any fast food from outside for 1 year. =(
    Also, that Cheesy Bites look nice :drools:

ReputationRep:
    "please rate some other members before rating this member again"
    :drool: :drool:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Just had a BBQ Chicken Pizza :coma:

Either that or anything with jalapeños on it.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of cheese!! I'm really unadventurous and will stick with the same topping everytime because I'm scared that I'll order something different and will hate it and then it will be a waste of pizza!!! I'm also really finickity and have to eat pizza with a knife and fork, even if it's takeaway. I'm a weirdo!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Italian. :holmes: So what would be your ideal pizza?
    If i had to choose one i'd go for mozzarella, rocket and parma ham, with Parmigiano shavings. :coma:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I like chicargo town stuffed crust chicken ;p

I know this isnt pizza but...

COOKIE DOUGH

ReputationRep:
    Pepperoni, salami , mozzarella, jalapenos...mmm but I can't stand anchovies , pineapple , egg or sweetcorn on pizza.

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky I actually have a real Italian pizzeria nearby with perhaps the most stereotypical little old Italian chef that hand-makes the dough behind the counter and makes his own marinara sauce. He uses all the proper ingredients and methods (tearing the mozzarella for example, instead of grating which he told me is "sacrilege").

He makes an incredible pizza (thin crust, just a slight char on base) in this big stone oven, topped with marinara sauce, mozzarella, pecorino romano, herbs, spinach, big slices of folded ham, anchovies, and I request scotch bonnets and habaneros.

it's only the inclusion of the chillis at the end that's not part of his traditional process, but I can't resist 'em!

In comparison, a Dominos or Pizza hut just tastes like a big grease cake-thing. I still stand by my comparison to Pizza Hut's grease-dripping bases being like a flattened, unsugared doughnut.

ReputationRep:
    lots and lots and lots of cheese with green and red peppers :coma:

not a big fan of meat on pizza

ReputationRep:
    chicken and pepperoni, covered in black pepper. nearly perfect pizza.

Stuffed crust makes it perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Pepperoni + Sausage inside the crust

Yum~ (:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Best pizza place in the world.

ReputationRep:
    My ideal pizza would have on it;

- mozzarella
    - ricotta
    - mushrooms
    - red onion
    - spinach
    - chorizo slices

Hawaiian pizza is lovely as well.

Things I would never put on it would be olives, chillies/ jalapenos and spicy chicken.

ReputationRep:
    I had a pretty awesome pizza with creme fraiche instead of tomato on the base once; it had cheese, onion and something else on top but anyway it was delicious.

Otherwise, bbq chicken, no mushrooms.

ReputationRep:
    Best toppings ever: molten chocolate, marshmallows and cherries... it's what I like to call a rocky road pizza.

As for normal pizzas, I'd say my personal favourite is ham and sweetcorn. I can't stand mushrooms on pizzas, and I can't have chilli on pizzas - I seem to have an intolerance to it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.