The Student Room Group

Girls and Relationships

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My first year at unis almost up and I havent found a girlfriend neither have most people i know

most people in 1st year are too busy adapting to uni life- however around christmas of 2nd year most of my formerly single male friends have found girls- dont give up hope yet!! :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
I think it's just a shame that most guys don't think like you, or that a lot of guys are afraid/embarrassed to admit that they want a proper relationship with someone they can love & vice versa. I myself feel like there is something missing & it would be nice to have a bf that, well, basically dotes on me :smile:.

But maybe because you used to be a bit of a prick that's why girls in your school aren't interested in dating you because of the type of person you used to be.

It's best just to get your A-Levels out of the way, wait till Uni (like I am) so that you can have a clean slate with no 'prick' cloud over your head. I've heard most people get into a relationship with another person whilst they're at Uni, you sound like a genuine, nice guy so I'm sure it'll happen for you then as well.

Here's hoping lol! :smile:.

Yep, that's pretty much the plan :smile: Anyway, I don't think there's anyone at school right for me at the moment anyway, so I'll just hope I can meat more people at university.
Reply 42
aw you sound lovely! but when you said you was a prick before, how did you mean? with girls, like sleeping around, because that could put girls off .. if not, you shouldn't have any probs!
Reply 43
Original post by Gemma16
aw you sound lovely! but when you said you was a prick before, how did you mean? with girls, like sleeping around, because that could put girls off .. if not, you shouldn't have any probs!

No, not sleeping around at all, I've never even kissed a girl :lol:

Just being a bit or an arrogant ********, but I think I've stopped that now.
Reply 44
Original post by oranges01
No, not sleeping around at all, I've never even kissed a girl :lol:

Just being a bit or an arrogant ********, but I think I've stopped that now.

Good :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by oranges01
It's just I see other people with girlfriends, and they seem to have a great time together. Maybe I'm just being romantic but I really want someone who I can really love and care about, and for them to care about me, that's different to friends and family. I want someone who I can go out, have a good time, hold hands, maybe kiss and cuddle. Note that I am not only interested in sex, I'm 17 and although a lot of people do it at this age it's not a pressing concern for me. I just want someone who really likes me and I can get a bit close to :colondollar:

I'm doing well academically, have good mates and family, but I just feel there's something a bit missing, that I think would be filled by a nice girlfriend. She doesn't need to be stunning, just a nice person that we can appreciate each other for what we are and have great times together and a good laugh, with some kissing and cuddling added in :redface:

I'm in my final year at school, and to be honest I don't think it would work with anyone at my school anymore, I used to be a bit of a prick but I've become nicer and more outgoing now, maybe that will help. Maybe I'm just being too much of a romantic, but it's how I feel and I can't really help it. I think I'll just wait for university, just live through school for now, it's not too long now, and just try to have good time with mates :smile:

Anyway, that's what I think. What do you think of that?

OP, you sound quite a lot like me at 17 (19 now) in that I'm usually seen as a 'nice guy', I'll admit to being a bit of a romantic and I am definitely on the look out for a real relationship! So a couple of observations from that perspective, obviously there will be significant differences between us.

Uni is a fantastic place for meeting girls who you find attractive and share your interests and it's almost certain some will be interested in you. Do beware of the friend-zone. I used to feel relationships should grow organically out of friendships and I'd feel uncomfortable about going for the relationship. Don't do this! It's more than ok to be quick and decisive when you meet someone you like and ask them our for a drink or whatever.

I still haven't quite got there in terms of the long-term, stable relationship you talk about, but then I hadn't had a girlfriend til the last year of school, and I'm getting much closer now. So just put yourself out there, flirt a bit, ask girls out, and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending