Turn on thread page Beta

Do you believe what news channels tell you? or do you think for your self watch

• View Poll Results: Do you absorb and compare news, and understand all have bias political slants ?
    Yes, it is obvious
    100.00%
    No, they obviously don't
    0%

ReputationRep:
    The guardian is about as credible as the Daily Mail.

I prefer -

The Times
    The Independant
    The Telegraph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    This thread isn't about news channels is it? It's about your hatred of Israel. Why not just create a thread on Israel rather than hide behind this farce of an excuse?
    nope, isreal is just an example of a major news bias i have noticed that is so blatant.

my topic is geared towards bias news slants.

ReputationRep:
    I read the Economist but I notice how so opinionated some of the articles are. I read BBC.com for quick updates on stuff like Libya but whatever you read, it is going to be tainted somewhat by the opinions of that person and their superiors. Then again, I would trust the Guardian and Telegraph over the Mirror and Sun, although even the formers can be pretty bad sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.A.T.O)
    The guardian is about as credible as the Daily Mail.

I prefer -

The Times
    The Independant
    The Telegraph
    hey NATO, did you find those weapons of mass destruction that g.w. bush said he wanted to find in IRAQ?

ReputationRep:
    The way the BBC rants on about the blast at Fukushima, you'd think we're all doomed, despite their own admission that radiation levels have now more or less returned to normal.
    They haven't lied, but pretty much any news station will play the doom and gloom card because it's what people want to watch. I'm unconvinced of a "meltdown" and I'm unconvinced that anything significant will come of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    hey NATO, did you find those weapons of mass destruction that g.w. bush said he wanted to find in IRAQ?
    Ask George Bush and Tony Blair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.A.T.O)
    Ask George Bush and Tony Blair
    rofl hehe will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTeeKay)
    The way the BBC rants on about the blast at Fukushima, you'd think we're all doomed, despite their own admission that radiation levels have now more or less returned to normal.
    They haven't lied, but pretty much any news station will play the doom and gloom card because it's what people want to watch. I'm unconvinced of a "meltdown" and I'm unconvinced that anything significant will come of it.
    exactly.

ReputationRep:
    All news broadcasters are biased in one way or another. All you can really do is compare them and come to your own conclusions, it would be foolish to get all your news from one source.

I think the trap that a lot of British people fall into is they are brought up to believe the BBC is a fountain of truth, and whilst it's true that the BBC does have a high standard of integrity, it is clearly biased towards the British and Israeli governments. Take the war on Iraq for instance, the BBC was more concerned with amplifying the lies about WMDs than questioning the validity of the 'intelligence'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.