Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL : Gay rights : what if you had two dads? watch

• View Poll Results: What if you had two dads?
    agree with it
    20.29%
    disagree
    37.68%
    wouldn't effect my mental and social upbringing
    42.03%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    Having two females as guardians> having two males as guardians.
    Not really. One male and One female is the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Not really. One male and One female is the way to go.
    So, if the children are in a care home, and there is a chavvy, nasty straight couple and a rich, caring gay couple the straight couple would be better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    You're cleantation includes emotion and love, hence homosexuality is a sexual orientation and not a fetish. Just because something isn't what society deems normal doesn't suddenly make it a fetish.
    This! Love is love at the end of the day.

^this as well. even if you don't agree with homosexuality what makes it ok to hate on people who are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IPlayThePiccolo)
    This! Love is love at the end of the day.
    ^this as well. even if you don't agree with homosexuality what makes it ok to hate on people who are?
    They have those posters in my school, in Welsh too!

ReputationRep:
    I have been successfully ( I think) been raised by just my mum, so I think if just one parent can fill out the roles of two, then surely 2 mums or 2 dad's can do it too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis :D)
    They have those posters in my school, in Welsh too!
    wraaay I think I've seen them in tube stations or something...

ReputationRep:
    So, if the children are in a care home, and there is a chavvy, nasty straight couple and a rich, caring gay couple the straight couple would be better?
    Well, for a start, you've made the assumption that all "chavs" ie "council house occupants" are bad parents, which is bull.

Yes, the straight couple would be better in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Well, for a start, you've made the assumption that all "chavs" ie "council house occupants" are bad parents, which is bull.

Where was the bit to say all chavs were bad parents? Note the nasty bit in that sentence, you really think the child should go to a nasty couple rather than a couple that would look after it better?

ReputationRep:

I said nasty, I purposely made them out to be bad parents. Thanks for confirming your own stupidity (y)

ReputationRep:
    my dads will batter your dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordenfruitbat)
    Where was the bit to say all chavs were bad parents? Note the nasty bit in that sentence, you really think the child should go to a nasty couple rather than a couple that would look after it better?
    So your point is what exactly, that a nasty couple can't bring up a child effectively and caring couple can.

This is obvious.

The question isn't valid as it brings two factors into the equation, obviously a caring family is better, but a homosexual caring family is far inferior to a straight caring family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    that's your definition of bigoted NOT MINE...say what you want...i think something is nasty so that makes me a bigot OK....
    Wiktionary: "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."
    Wordnetweb.princeton: "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own"
    Dicionary.com: "a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion"

So one is allowed to have their personal predilections all they want, but if they openly attack or belittle other's freedom to practise their own belief system, they're a bigot.
    Unless of course you believe it's downright illegal and dangerous to society and a criminal offence. As criminal offences are morally looked down upon by everyone. But thinking homosexuality is a moral offence would put you in very dark waters indeed.:smokin:

ReputationRep:
    I said nasty, I purposely made them out to be bad parents. Thanks for confirming your own stupidity (y)
    So... you pose a question asking which parents are the worse parents, and in the question already state which ones are worse.

You ****tard.

ReputationRep:
    So your point is what exactly, that a nasty couple can't bring up a child effectively and caring couple can.

This is obvious.

The question isn't valid as it brings two factors into the equation, obviously a caring family is better, but a homosexual caring family is far inferior to a straight caring family.
    By nasty, I implied that the couple wouldn't treat the child properly.

ReputationRep:
    So... you pose a question asking which parents are the worse parents, and in the question already state which ones are worse.

You ****tard.
    Yet you still went for the other option :confused:

ReputationRep:

This is obvious.

You didn't answer my question I wanted to know whether you would agree with the child going to a homosexual family in the case of it staying with an abusive family or going to the gay family.

This is obvious.
    So you are a hypocrite? congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerset)
    wiktionary: "one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."
    wordnetweb.princeton: "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own"
    dicionary.com: "a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion"

so one is allowed to have their personal predilections all they want, but if they openly attack or belittle other's freedom to practise their own belief system, they're a bigot.
    Unless of course you believe it's downright illegal and dangerous to society and a criminal offence. As criminal offences are morally looked down upon by everyone. But thinking homosexuality is a moral offence would put you in very dark waters indeed.:smokin:
    o well...i've got my own definition of what bigoted is...everyones a bigot then...

ReputationRep:
    Yet you still went for the other option :confused:
    I read the question as "Which parents would be better, straight from a poor background or gay from a rich background?"

Of course what you meant to ask was was "Which parents would be better, the better parents or the worse parents?"

Sorry for interpreting the question in a way that actually made some sort of sense.

ReputationRep:
    I read the question as "Which parents would be better, straight from a poor background or gay from a rich background?"

Of course what you meant to ask was was "Which parents would be better, the better parents or the worse parents?"

Sorry for interpreting the question in a way that actually made some sort of sense.
    Yes, but because one was associated with homosexuality and the other was associated with heterosexuality you automatically made your choice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.