Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL : Gay rights : what if you had two dads? watch

• View Poll Results: What if you had two dads?
    agree with it
    20.29%
    disagree
    37.68%
    wouldn't effect my mental and social upbringing
    42.03%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    I'm not Muslim bruv.

Even so I don't see how that would be funny. Muslim communities don't have family set-ups of two dads or a dog and a man or a boar and a cat or whatever other perverted orientations you wish to categorise as a 'alternative'.
    I have like 3 MSN conversations worth of you explaining how you are a Muslim. So that was all lies as well :rolleyes:? At least you finally admitted it I guess.

In any case, I find it difficult to comprehend how anyone can consider homosexuality to be perverted independent to religious influence, unless they're unduly affected by personal distaste. If you do somehow draw your morality from a synthesis of Abrahamic principles, then instead of judging and prescribing to other people, how about looking closer to home and sorting that out before vilifying people who have absolutely nothing to do with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I have like 3 MSN conversations worth of you explaining how you are a Muslim. So that was all lies as well :rolleyes:? At least you finally admitted it I guess.
    Regardless of whether he was joking or being serious, his officially apostatized after stating his isn't a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazamak)
    I'm not saying you CANT live . Im sure many families live with only one parent. But that doesn't mean that it's ok to dismiss the other parent as unnecessary
    But what precisely makes them necessary? There is nothing my dad could have done for me that my mum couldn't have done/did.

ReputationRep:
    People who voted

"wouldn't effect my mental and social upbringing "

You don't understand what makes you you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    But what precisely makes them necessary? There is nothing my dad could have done for me that my mum couldn't have done/did.
    It's not what one can physically do. I'm sure a mum can do everything a male can do. But It's both a mixture of insights and influences from two separate genders that I'm referring to

ReputationRep:
    It's not what one can physically do. I'm sure a mum can do everything a male can do. But It's both a mixture of insights and influences from two separate genders that I'm referring to
    Sigh. Are you just going to carry on making vague, pseudo-scientific speculations or do you have some kind of empirical evidence to suggest that a lack of either male or female influence has an adverse effect on a person's mental/psychological development?

Hint: I already know the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    Sigh. Are you just going to carry on making vague, pseudo-scientific speculations or do you have some kind of empirical evidence to suggest that a lack of either male or female influence has an adverse effect on a person's mental/psychological development?

Hint: I already know the answer.
    I never once said that a lack of one or the other had a detrimental effect on the child. I just think it's better to have both parents as they will have different insights. End of. If you disagree, that's cool.

ReputationRep:
    I never once said that a lack of one or the other had a detrimental effect on the child. I just think it's better to have both parents as they will have different insights. End of. If you disagree, that's cool.
    It's not simply that I disagree, it's that you are providing no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim.

By all means say "I guess 2 different gendered parents are better" but if you have failed to come up with 1 reason why that is actually the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixthformer)
    farther
    What's a farther? It's spelt father fyi...

Also what is with your incoherent ramble in the middle of the post that has nothing to do with the thread?

In terms of gay parents. How can anyone say that they would be effected or not without first having had gay parents? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    It's not simply that I disagree, it's that you are providing no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim.

By all means say "I guess 2 different gendered parents are better" but if you have failed to come up with 1 reason why that is actually the case.
    Fine I choose the latter

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.