Turn on thread page Beta

POLL : Gay rights : what if you had two dads? watch

• View Poll Results: What if you had two dads?
    agree with it
    20.29%
    disagree
    37.68%
    wouldn't effect my mental and social upbringing
    42.03%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    You are not worth it

Being homosexual rocks having children rocks thefore being homosexual parents must equal amazing!!!!!!!

Edit: Negged, no surprise there.
    being homosexual isn't cool, just so you know. it must be hard as sh;t getting into a relationship. it must kill getting a **** rammed up your pipe, and it must kill when you roll through london and get stabbed for being homosexual.

i'm not homophobic, but i'm a realist, and i'm telling you now that there's nothing cool about being gay at all. i don't hate gays. they are the nicest people in the world in my view - i've never gotten into a fight with a batty man in my life.

just please don't raise kids. i know you want to, but think about how bad their life would be having two fathers.

p.s. i never throw neg rep. we are having a healthy debate here and i know a neg isn't going to change your views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmonize)
    That isn't a study, it's a help centre, which is likely to suggest bias things lo..
    The American Psychological Association isn't a help centre, it's an organisation conducting psychological research. It's a very credible source and to be honest you'd be silly to dismiss it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    No it is because you are homophobic.
    i gotta go pick up some weed for tonight, so i can't reply to the whole thing. i just wanted to let you know that there is a 0% chance 'your' child will go through primary and secondary school without getting bullied to the point where he'll want to kill himself.

if straight people get bullied for being gay in schools, your child will get demolished nicely and anybody who denies this is a f*ckhead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dildo baz00ka)
    being homosexual isn't cool, just so you know. it must be hard as sh;t getting into a relationship. it must kill getting a **** rammed up your pipe, and it must kill when you roll through london and get stabbed for being homosexual.

i'm not homophobic, but i'm a realist, and i'm telling you now that there's nothing cool about being gay at all. i don't hate gays. they are the nicest people in the world in my view - i've never gotten into a fight with a batty man in my life.

just please don't raise kids. i know you want to, but think about how bad their life would be having two fathers.

p.s. i never throw neg rep. we are having a healthy debate here and i know a neg isn't going to change your views.
    There's more homosexuals than you think, it's not that hard to get into a relationship, and not all homosexuals like Anal sex, and lol at the getting stabbed how would anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    This poll is quite stupid..

ReputationRep:
    If i disagree does that mean i disagree that two fathers would ruin my upbringing? Cause in that case i disagree, if otherwise, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    If i disagree does that mean i disagree that two fathers would ruin my upbringing? Cause in that case i disagree, if otherwise, I agree.
    so you would be fine being brought up by two fathers?

you must hate your mother pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    I think it basically boils down to;
    1. Would you rather have a mother and father than two fathers?
    I think most people would answer in the affirmative.

2. Would you rather be adopted by a gay couple than remain in care?
    I think most people would also answer in the affirmative but the child does have a choice as to who/whether they are adopted by.

So, gay couples should be allowed to adopt if the child would otherwise remain in care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    :facepalm:
    Good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    A homo engineer. Interesting.
    WHy is it interesting exactly? :confused:

Why are you gay if you think its shameful?
    What do you mean, "Why" am I gay? I didn't choose my sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dildo baz00ka)
    so you would be fine being brought up by two fathers?

you must hate your mother pretty bad.
    i just dont give a **** who brings me up really. all i need is unconditional love from someone and im happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    WHy is it interesting exactly? :confused:

What do you mean, "Why" am I gay? I didn't choose my sexuality.
    Are you telling me you are born gay? LoL ok.

ReputationRep:
    Sexual orientation is determined primarily by genes but can also be influenced by exposure to certain hormones in the womb so yes, people are born gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persie)
    Sexual orientation is determined primarily by genes but can also be influenced by exposure to certain hormones in the womb so yes, people are born gay.
    Don't be naive. If a gay boy grew up in a country full of females and no males, are you telling me he would never bang a girl?

ReputationRep:
    A child should be brought up by a mother and a father.

Idc about w/e sexuality you are, who you choose to spend your life with, or what sexual fetishes you get up to in your own home.

But when it comes to children, they have a right to be brought up in a normal family.

That's what I think, I know I'm going to get a tonne of neg rep from people with more goodwill than sense, but children is where I draw the line as far as gay rights are concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persie)
    There really isn't any evidence for that, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Of course people are born gay - Why do you think people have tried to fight for the rights of a homosexual man? Why would in the past when people were persecuted for being gay, chose to stand up for it if they knew they were gonna be killed, when they could have gone into a straight relationship? There are gay animals aswell, so of course it is natrual. Anyone who thinks people arent born gay are kidding themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with gay people. But I personally wouldn't want two mothers/two fathers.

I think it's important that a child has some sort of role models for each. Myself for example, I raised by my Dad, with no contact with my Mam (until a year ago), but I turned out ok because I had my Gran, so I still had that motherly role figure/guidance.

Now my brother for example, was raised by his Dad with no motherly figure at all and he's a complete and utter ****. He treats women like ****, he has no trust with them, he has no ambition - currently on the dole and to my knowledge is not looking for work. He spends the majority of his time smoking joints.

I know these are only two examples, but I personally think a mother and a father is preferable (or some other figures like that). Having said that, some people will grow up without the other parent for various reasons (split up, death etc) and i'm pretty sure they can turn out alright too. I don't know, I don't have a problem with gays adopting, but personally I wouldn't want them for parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    i think its disgusting tbh
    You do realise you're a smallminded bigot and you're going down, and I'm glad for that.
    That people like you have always existed fighting democracy or blacks or jews or protestants or evolution. But that you always lose.

(Original post by imperial maniac)
    There really isn't any evidence for that, sorry.
    Yes there is, I can't find it right now but there is evidence.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.