Turn on thread page Beta

does dating someone mean they are your girlfriend/boyfriend or is it just a case of getting to know them better?

ReputationRep:
    Getting to know them better, but in a way where you can be more intimate than with your friends. Wouldn't go calling them a bf/gf though, unless you're planning to scare them off.

ReputationRep:
    Well a case of getting to know them better IMO. Obviously if they want to talk about that before the first date or after a few dates to say they want to be your BF/GF then that would be different, but other than that getting to know them better would be my answer, I think thats mainly the objective in most first dates.

ReputationRep:
    It can be both, really.

You can go out on a casual date, and just be there as mates. Or you can be "dating" and be boyfriend and girlfriend.

I don't think it matters.

just i know a girl who went she had been on 2 dates with another lad but they hadnt spoken since... was wondering if this meant they were getting to know each other better or were having sex

ReputationRep:
    Probably getting to know each other, but found out they werent compatible or they had sex and that was the end of that.

hope it wasnt sex lol i like her haha

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation. If I go on a date with someone I've not know for long then it'd be getting to know each other. If I'd known someone for a long time and we went on a date then it might be to see how we feel as a couple, and quickly become gf/bf...

As for your other post, I have no idea what you're on about.

ReputationRep:
    it's that stage before going out when you're still getting to know one another, before you haven't QUITE become official :P

but u might not become official right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but u might not become official right
    it's the stage where both are like "hmm, do I like you?" so they go on dates to find out.

people dont ever have sex on dates tho yeah lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do. :mmm:

EDIT: TBH you can do sex even though you're not officially in a relationship together yet.

People do. BUT be a gentleman and WAIT!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.