The Student Room Group

none repayable grant help

hi, im a 'mature student' although im only 20, i will be 21 starting uni. Now my question is does the non repayable maintainance grant go from the household income when im still living with my parents or what? :s-smilie:

also im moving from my mams to my dads, my dad earns alot less than my mam but i dont want this to seem like im trying to fiddle the system, will there be any effects of this or what?
Original post by j55
hi, im a 'mature student' although im only 20, i will be 21 starting uni. Now my question is does the non repayable maintainance grant go from the household income when im still living with my parents or what? :s-smilie:

also im moving from my mams to my dads, my dad earns alot less than my mam but i dont want this to seem like im trying to fiddle the system, will there be any effects of this or what?

There shouldn't be any worries about your second question.

Afaik the SLC won't class you as a mature student until you're over 25 or lived away from home for more than 3 years.
Reply 2
thats understandable, so the fact im moving back in with my dad should be fine, the only thing that is changing is where my letters go to and the council tax, so il sort that ASAP. thanks for your help
Im worried about the same sort of thing.. i live at home im 20 years old but ive worked for 3 years and supported myself, so it classed me as an independent student.. so i didnt see it was relevant to put down my mums household income.. is this correct?

so all ive applied for is the loan for my fees and a maintenance loan, theres been no mention of a grant.. is this something my uni would look into?

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending