Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, im a 'mature student' although im only 20, i will be 21 starting uni. Now my question is does the non repayable maintainance grant go from the household income when im still living with my parents or what?

also im moving from my mams to my dads, my dad earns alot less than my mam but i dont want this to seem like im trying to fiddle the system, will there be any effects of this or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j55)
    hi, im a 'mature student' although im only 20, i will be 21 starting uni. Now my question is does the non repayable maintainance grant go from the household income when im still living with my parents or what?

also im moving from my mams to my dads, my dad earns alot less than my mam but i dont want this to seem like im trying to fiddle the system, will there be any effects of this or what?
    There shouldn't be any worries about your second question.

Afaik the SLC won't class you as a mature student until you're over 25 or lived away from home for more than 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    thats understandable, so the fact im moving back in with my dad should be fine, the only thing that is changing is where my letters go to and the council tax, so il sort that ASAP. thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Im worried about the same sort of thing.. i live at home im 20 years old but ive worked for 3 years and supported myself, so it classed me as an independent student.. so i didnt see it was relevant to put down my mums household income.. is this correct?

so all ive applied for is the loan for my fees and a maintenance loan, theres been no mention of a grant.. is this something my uni would look into?

thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.