Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whoever read this, thanks for bothering.
    I'm hoping to go to university in September 2011, to UCLan. Which I'm really excited about, maybe a little nervous but I'm sure we all are.

But the thought of leaving my best friend sickens me. You'll get to see her all the time you say? My friend is going to Plymouth. Other side of the country. Fantastic.

Am I the only one out there worried about losing my friends? I know I'll make great friends there- but I just want to hear what people have to say.

Again, thanks for bothering (: xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Facebook can replace friends you've missed.
    Or at least let you keep in touch. If you make the effort, you won't lose friends.

ReputationRep:
    it'll make you appreciate the time you spend so much more! and you'll be having so much fun at uni, the hurt will be minimized

ReputationRep:
    I can't make you any promises about your friendship lasting through this test, but here's picture of a happy goat to cheer you up.

ReputationRep:
    If you make the effort to keep in touch and visit once in a while, you'll be fine. It takes two though!

ReputationRep:
    I speak to my best friend every day despite being at universities at other sides of the country. With a bit of effort, you can maintain your friendships, and well, those that don't make the effort, aren't worth keeping as friends.
    There are friends that I haven't kept in contact with, and we only tend to speak when we are all back for the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (: thanks for the funny photo, guess you're right, everyones in the same boat..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    I speak to my best friend every day despite being at universities at other sides of the country. With a bit of effort, you can maintain your friendships, and well, those that don't make the effort, aren't worth keeping as friends.
    There are friends that I haven't kept in contact with, and we only tend to speak when we are all back for the holidays.
    That's wonderful to hear (: from what I've heard people just stop talking and lost contact, not being close to anyone who has gone to uni I wouldnt know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannni93)
    (: thanks for the funny photo, guess you're right, everyones in the same boat..
    No worries. Goats are very noble creatures.

Well, they're not really, but they'll chew on anything you put in their mouths... ANYTHING :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'll respond seriously for once, as this is a very serious and sensitive topic.

Kill them and stuff them. Then, it's like they're with you all the time!

PRO TIP: when it comes to how you stuff them, the world is your oyster. Personally, I like to go for the "smiling wave w/cup holder". This means you can take said stuffed friend to parties and have them hold your drink, freeing up your hands for gesticulation/karate etc.

This is especially good if your going to study taxidermy (I hear they have a great course up at UCLan). It'll be great practice for you.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I had the luxury of one of my best friends being at the same university as me, which is nice.

However as people have said it is easy to keep in contact though facebook/skype/phone. Also they can come and visit or vice versa and you can then get to see what their Uni life is like

ReputationRep:
    My friends all left for different unis in different cities/countries, it forces you to make new friends which is a good thing. I know a few people who have gone with their mates to the same uni and just don't meet anyone new.
    Besides if you really want to stay in touch you will, with fb/skype/ text it's really not that hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokesexplained)
    Ok, so I'll respond seriously for once, as this is a very serious and sensitive topic.

Kill them and stuff them. Then, it's like they're with you all the time!

PRO TIP: when it comes to how you stuff them, the world is your oyster. Personally, I like to go for the "smiling wave w/cup holder". This means you can take said stuffed friend to parties and have them hold your drink, freeing up your hands for gesticulation/karate etc.

This is especially good if your going to study taxidermy (I hear they have a great course up at UCLan). It'll be great practice for you.

Hope this helps.
    Poor :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykiie)
    Poor :nothing:
    fiscally challenged :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.