For weapon of MD, which the iraqi's are hiding
    14.29%
    OIL - NUFF SAID.
    85.71%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    Ages ago I read that Iraq, in retaliation for damaging sanctions, was going to trade oil in currency other then dollars which would have hurt the US. By handing the contracts over to "friendly" European companies, they manage to avoid this. I cant back this up, but I read it in a few places and I am sure it is in Wikipedia somewhere.
    Quite a few went to random countries like Angola as well as China and France. France are hardly friendly to the US considering how they opposed the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)
    Iran.... Under the pretex of them having WMD; two years into the war they would then realize opps... There were none

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Quite a few went to random countries like Angola as well as China and France. France are hardly friendly to the US considering how they opposed the war.
    Opposition to the war under a different government hardly constitutes an unfriendly nation? And by any means, those nations, especially France, are more likely to trade the oil in dollars which, according to what I came across, is what the Iraqi regime was going to change that so infuriated the US.

ReputationRep:
    oiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllll ll

ReputationRep:
    :plz2: Oh, please. Anyone who genuinely believes it was because of 'wmd', democracy & terrorism is ridiculously gullible. I'm happy to believe it was for oil, for now, but no way in hell would I actually believe that rubbish :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    I wouldnt say they screwed up. Coalition forces did take a long time to re-establish society and government but; Iraq is experiencing economic growth like never before, more people have electricity and running clean water. Theres less suicide bombers and theres a sense of security.
    Its easy to say from a western perspective.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.