Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do people think of nose piercings? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting my nose pierced- just a small stud but loads of people are telling me not to do it :\ what are people's opinions on this?
    my boyfriend even said he would be embarrassed to me with me because of it

ReputationRep:
    I want one for my 18th.
    And really? Your boyfriend said that? He sounds like a muppet.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, in my experience people barely notice it? I've had mine 7 years and I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Can't really see the point myself, but whatever floats your boat.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. Your boyfriend should have been more tactful though.

ReputationRep:
    Why shouldn't she do it? I think they're more discreet than most piercings, even ears.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I must admit, they aren't my thing at all.

I could deal with a small nose stud, and even then it'd be a long shot. There will be guys who like them, but in my opinion I don't find them attractive at all.

That's just me, though. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    As long as its for a girl, I have no problem...

ReputationRep:
    I love mine. Its small and subtle but really suits me.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look good on white girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Why shouldn't she do it? I think they're more discreet than most piercings, even ears.
    I just find them a bit off-putting, personally. No objective reason tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Ditched the lip ring and got my nose pierced last week.

It's easily my favourite piercing so far. Subtle but kinda sexy too.

Get it done!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's class I want mine done but I think it'll be very prone to infection, I have really bad skin and always have spots/blackheads on my nose (no matter what I use or how often I use it :/ ) so I'd be scared that it'd get infected and all sore

I think I'm gonna get my tongue pierced instead

Maybe will get my nose done in the future let me know how you get on and/or what you decide to do!

ReputationRep:
    I'm indifferent when it comes to nose piercings. Doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    i got my nose pierced

ReputationRep:
    On many people it looks chavvy, I think. I don't really like facial piercings, though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it, always looks like you need to wipe your nose. Especially the little stud/gem things, avoid.

ReputationRep:
    I really dont like it because it always is so small it looks like you have a spot from far away
    But its your choice, if you like it why care what anyone else thinks?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think very few people look good with a nose piercing. Studs are far preferable to rings (shudder) but overall, I wouldn't say I find them attractive. If you really want to do it though, go for it. Just be sure you won't tire of it quickly! To the person who said nose piercings are more discreet than ear piercings, I have to disagree. Your nose is right in the middle of your face, so there's no way of covering it up.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like them. :no:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.