Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Ultimate is the best sport in existence. When I was applying to universities I read the Times Good University Guide, and a lot of the universities had it in their clubs and societies section. I'd never heard of it before, but knew instantly that it was going to be my sort of sport. I went along to first practice and my suspicions were confirmed
    Oh yeah! *intrigued*

Well, i am definitely going to give it a try in October then. Thanks for the heads up! :yeah:

Right, i'm going to shut up and not go off topic now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaidBaqq)
    Oh yeah! *intrigued*

Well, i am definitely going to give it a try in October then. Thanks for the heads up! :yeah:

wahhh find me a girlfriend/****buddy instead

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! *intrigued*

It's a bit like a cross between basketball and american football, but with a disc and not a contact sport (and you're not allowed to run with the disc). It's the most strenuous sport I've ever come across, so very good for fitness You also get to learn all sorts of amazing tricks with the disc that you can show off on the beach to friends Also, there is no referee - the players sort out all problems on pitch, which results in a totally unique and wonderful 'spirit of the game'.

*Cough* ahem *cough*

I'll stop going off track as well now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Erm...hello :sexface:

I know what you're saying- all of the lesbian/bi girls in my area are either butch and massive or emo as pie, I'm not a fan of it. I have to rely on just by hearing about someone's orientation because the Bristol gay scene isn't too great, nor do I have anyone to go with either
    Would you expanding a bit more on the Bristol gay scene? I've been really looking forward to uni from a lesbian persepctive, and whilst i know it's not going to be some kind of gay haven, this comment has worried me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecookies)
    wahhh find me a girlfriend/****buddy instead
    Uhhh im out of ideas, sorry. Why don't you try some of the suggestions above first ?

To be honest, as a straight guy, if i did say to a lesbian 'I know somebody ..a girl.. who wants to date.. i will set you up' they'd probably think i was a sleaze and slap/rugby tackle me. So uh yeah... don't think i can help anymore.

Anywho, good luck dude. Im off to bed.

Night all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    It's a bit like a cross between basketball and american football, but with a disc and not a contact sport (and you're not allowed to run with the disc). It's the most strenuous sport I've ever come across, so very good for fitness You also get to learn all sorts of amazing tricks with the disc that you can show off on the beach to friends Also, there is no referee - the players sort out all problems on pitch, which results in a totally unique and wonderful 'spirit of the game'.

*Cough* ahem *cough*

I'll stop going off track as well now!
    Whaaaat. Basketball and American Football are my two favourite sports! Ah maaan i can't wait!

Anyway yeah, offtopic! and my bedtime :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaat. Basketball and American Football are my two favourite sports! Ah maaan i can't wait!

Anyway yeah, offtopic! and my bedtime :ninja:
    Nighty night night

By the way, I'm pos repping you for being so interested in ladies' rugby and ultimate

ReputationRep:
    I do want to go out and look i know im just being awkward id just be SO embarassed like in case everyone thought i was ugly, how do i know if im attractive to girls?!
    Hahaha I cannot put into words how much I totally get how you feel. I keep putting off going out and 'doing the gay thing' in case I make a prat of myself Guess you won't know until you try, and at some point I WILL pluck up the courage to actually try and meet someone!!

ReputationRep:
    So in a girl girl situation who asks who out since girls are apparently incaple of asking out guys?

ReputationRep:
    OP: As for your comment about what 'types' do bi/les girls go for?
    (Sorry, cba to go back and find it to quote, my internet's being a tard, thanks Uni accommodation :P)

I'm bi and I've found myself attracted to all sorts :P I generally go for gingers/red heads who are a little shorter than me and femme but I've found myself fancying possibly the most butch lass you'll ever meet :P

Point is: people may have types yes but people are open to finding those outside the box attractive as well, and some people honestly have no correlations in looks they go for.

Just go out, be who you are (some girls love the shy type, others love the loud bravado machines) and have fun! Ditto on all the points about befriending those who you're not attracted to, simply to be nice and friendly, but also to find out about their other friends.
    I met the most wonderful girl through one of my more friendly associates Too bad she's in a relationship ;-;

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexishawks1990)
    Hahaha I cannot put into words how much I totally get how you feel. I keep putting off going out and 'doing the gay thing' in case I make a prat of myself Guess you won't know until you try, and at some point I WILL pluck up the courage to actually try and meet someone!!
    I don't know if I will ever pluck up the courage, I'll probably just get drunk sometime and try a straight girl

(Original post by headphones)
    So in a girl girl situation who asks who out since girls are apparently incaple of asking out guys?
    I know I would never ask anyone out I don't know how it works

(Original post by Nolfie)
    OP: As for your comment about what 'types' do bi/les girls go for?
    (Sorry, cba to go back and find it to quote, my internet's being a tard, thanks Uni accommodation :P)

I'm bi and I've found myself attracted to all sorts :P I generally go for gingers/red heads who are a little shorter than me and femme but I've found myself fancying possibly the most butch lass you'll ever meet :P

Point is: people may have types yes but people are open to finding those outside the box attractive as well, and some people honestly have no correlations in looks they go for.

Just go out, be who you are (some girls love the shy type, others love the loud bravado machines) and have fun! Ditto on all the points about befriending those who you're not attracted to, simply to be nice and friendly, but also to find out about their other friends.
    I met the most wonderful girl through one of my more friendly associates Too bad she's in a relationship ;-;

Good luck!
    Thanks! I feel so opposite so what I feel like lesbians 'want' I feel like I'm what guys want instead (big boobs, long hair, makeup etc)

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I will ever pluck up the courage, I'll probably just get drunk sometime and try a straight girl
    But isn't the problem with straight girls that they're...straight? All my friends say they're 'straight' and by that they mean literally 100% straight. Some of them have drunkenly kissed girls and they say it did nothing for them, so I can't imagine they would ever go further...regrettably.

ReputationRep:
    But isn't the problem with straight girls that they're...straight? All my friends say they're 'straight' and by that they mean literally 100% straight. Some of them have drunkenly kissed girls and they say it did nothing for them, so I can't imagine they would ever go further...regrettably.
    Straight girls are so much hotter though :rolleyes: I literally know about 3 at uni I regularly fantasise about, I bet this one girl catches me staring at her boobs HAHA

ReputationRep:
    Straight girls are so much hotter though :rolleyes: I literally know about 3 at uni I regularly fantasise about, I bet this one girl catches me staring at her boobs HAHA
    Oh, I totally know. People are always catching my eye and I spend ages staring at them...if anyone has ever noticed they must think I'm so weird. What uni are you at? The girls where I am are pretty cute

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I totally know. People are always catching my eye and I spend ages staring at them...if anyone has ever noticed they must think I'm so weird. What uni are you at? The girls where I am are pretty cute
    haha cambridge you? they are either nerds or becks

ReputationRep:
    haha cambridge you? they are either nerds or becks
    LOL King's College London. To be brutally honest, when I think of Cambridge I don't exactly think of hot girls...and it's such a small place I can't imagine there is much of a gay scene. I suppose at least here I have more opportunities...if I ever get around to trying to seize them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Are you a guy
    Surely all you would have to do to get an answer to this question is look at the sex symbol to the right of OP's usename...

ReputationRep:
    LOL King's College London. To be brutally honest, when I think of Cambridge I don't exactly think of hot girls...and it's such a small place I can't imagine there is much of a gay scene. I suppose at least here I have more opportunities...if I ever get around to trying to seize them!
    Oh okay! There is a few hot girls :P and hardly a gay scene or just the ugly girls who could never get a boyfriend so now they are lesbian instead! haha I live in london, where do you go out

ReputationRep:
    Well, this may be either generalising or strange to a lot of you, but I go to anime and video game conventions often, and there are actually quite a lot more gay/bi/+ girls there than other places, and a few people I've known have even met their girl/boyfriend at cons =)
    But I'm not sure if you'd be into such a particular scene, but still, it's a thing that works XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantulana)
    Well, this may be either generalising or strange to a lot of you, but I go to anime and video game conventions often, and there are actually quite a lot more gay/bi/+ girls there than other places, and a few people I've known have even met their girl/boyfriend at cons =)
    But I'm not sure if you'd be into such a particular scene, but still, it's a thing that works XD
    what is anime? loool

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.