The Student Room Group

Is my girlfriend suffering from mental illness?

I don't know who to ask I am really concerned. She's been in an asylum for cutting and depression and has continued to suffer from it ever since. Also she can be very naive and singe minded to the point of being blind to everything else around her. She's become obsessed with me and reminds me constantly that she couldn't live without me and if I left her she's kill herself. She calls constantly and if anyone so much as looks at me she becomes incredibly aggressive she once attacked her friend because she put her arm around me. Her anger is getting worse and worse and her life is a misery she's alienated everyone. The only reason I am still with her is because I don't want her to do something stupid.
What would you do?
all girls suffer from a mental illness, its called being a craaaazehh bitch

but in all seriousness bro, i think you need to get her the help she clearly still needs - maybe talk to her family, if they are reasonable people?
Reply 2
Original post by Barden
all girls suffer from a mental illness, its called being a craaaazehh bitch

but in all seriousness bro, i think you need to get her the help she clearly still needs - maybe talk to her family, if they are reasonable people?

Dad left when she was three, and never even attempted to contact her and her mum is suffering from serious depression. Which explains a lot. Also my family hate her, long story, so it's just me.
Reply 3
Just act the utter liability. Do stuff that irritates her and she'll become less obsessed.

(I assume you've actually used your head and have tried discussing things like an intelligent person and looking for other measures to get rid of her)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending