Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Just need a bit of advice, I have always wanted to study dentistry but have never really pursued it. These are my general qualifications A Bsc (Hons) Forensic Science 2.2 - 1% of a 2.1 . BTEC National Diploma Applied Science with Forensic Science Triple Distinction.

Now I really don't mind studying again as I have been out of university in a dead end job since graduation and there doesn't seem to be any forensic related vacancies going at all and with the goverment closing down the forensic science service the future looks bleak.

So what I am here to question is what university would be the best to apply, I am interested in Leeds' combined msc/bds, but what chance do I have to actually get accepted. I did study a fair bit of odontology within forensic anthropology and along with this various medicine and anatomy/physiology aspects and modules. Furthermore does anyone know what funding is available I heard the NHS will pay for your tuition fees after the first year? And what are the actual job prospects like?

If anyone could help me with this it'd be great and I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You should look into graduate entry dentistry, it's one less year and is there for people who already have a degree.

You can also try grad entry into medicine and I know Nottingham University have an entry requirement of a 2.2 degree in a science based subject.

Since it's too late to apply this year, I would extremely advise you to get work experience (paid or voluntary) in a health based centre i.e a clinic or a hospital

Good Luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.