Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Most likely going to firm International Business, Finance and Economics at University of Manchester.

Assuming i get the 2.1 or 1st in 3 years time....I need your input on what jobs i could get into with it. I was really looking into investment banking but is manchester targetted? i assume not by the big 5 but there are other banks etc?

My main worry is i wont work out where im going till towards the end of the degree and miss out on internships etc...

so this thread is a open question to the manchester business folks....what are the job prospects?

ReputationRep:
    I am also going to be firming International Business, Finance and Economics at Manchester, with the precise intention of progressing into investment banking. Manchester Business School is very prestigious and ranks higher than both Warwick and Imperial in the Financial Times Rankings: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoo...l-mba-rankings
    If you fish around you can find information with regards to which banks have employed graduates from there, and while it might not be a standard 'feeder' per se, a 2.1 graduate from MBS is going to be considered.

ReputationRep:
    I am an engineer and have gotten into IB.
    I also know someone who does Econ & Fin who has been offered a full time job in JP. So it is possible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.