Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon, cheers.

I'll be short and simple here. My best friend is acting really weird, like we used to speak most days and see each other good few times a week and now he'll claim hes 'not around' this week yet will be out and about with other mutual friends and i won't get invited and he'll make obvious efforts on facebook with literally everyone but me. I feel like he's lied to me and deliberatly avoiding me.

It's like he won't make many effort to see, or even speak to me, we did have an argument at work (we work together) but he said he wasn't mad about that anymore, but apart from that i have no idea. I don't know what i've done wrong. I've had some issues od being down and depressed recently and have confided in him about them - maybe he's just fed up of me?

He's the kind of person who gets annoyed when people 'make an issue' or ask 'what's up' but i don't know what to do, all my friends are telling me to leave it and give it time, but i'm finding it hard to do this an i'm a person who hates unresolved issues.

Any advice would be appreciated, just don't want to lose my best friend and know i didn't try do anything to solve it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe give it time and space, if he wants to be your friend again he'll come back to you. If he doesn't then focus on the friends which make you happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon, cheers.

I'll be short and simple here. My best friend is acting really weird, like we used to speak most days and see each other good few times a week and now he'll claim hes 'not around' this week yet will be out and about with other mutual friends and i won't get invited and he'll make obvious efforts on facebook with literally everyone but me. I feel like he's lied to me and deliberatly avoiding me.

Are you a guy or a girl out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    You could either wait around until something happens or you could confront them about it. If they're really a friend of yours then I'm sure they'll understand how you feel. It's better to know the root of the probem rather than wondering endlessly.

You could also ask your friends what they think the problem might be, hopefully it'll all work out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.