Turn on thread page Beta

just got shown gf's blog.. should i be worried?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can I see the link?

I don't think it is that serious, especially if the pictures are not of her. I have had BA Art friends on facebook, that would write status updates like "I want to **** kill myself" and then post pictures of a female bleeding, or a girl who is anorexic looking into a mirror.

Art students generally like to shock and be melodramatic! My friend who graduated last year did a whole wall of paintings of red canvases which looked like vaginas and then said it was about feminism.
    In person, she is absolutely normal and bubbly even though her outlet is bloody and depressive.

I probably think your gf did have depression/eating disorders which go hand in hand really. So I don't think it is a big deal as it is quite common problem amongst teenagers to have self image issues.

As for drugs, its fair to say people at this age have experimented with drugs, she may not be an addicted.

ReputationRep:
    There's something to be learned here, marketing-wise..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Writing a song/poem ect is normal. I've done it.
    But like you say, you didn't see the link...... 0_0
    Yeah but I know how it feels to be called psycho, I've been dumped twice over my lyrics and I know how it feels for people to gang up on me.

It's the exactly same situation here and what makes me disgusted is that everyone is so quick to point the finger. The girl is putting her emotions into art and I think that's beautiful. Some people would just put into actions.

(Original post by beth.19)
    OP are you sure it's actually your gf? Yeah obvious question and I haven't seen the link but are you sure it isn't just her friend trying to head **** you?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
    We've just finished our assessments and got until tuesday off, so she's not been in college since at least I haven't seen her.
    Not picking up her phone or answering my texts.
    I'm in the process of writing her a long email.
    Did someone show her this thread?? Or am I just being paranoid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    DUMB POST
    Don't let past events ruin a good thing, bro.

Keep on #winning

ReputationRep:
    someone send me the link? Reps in it for ya

(Original post by jenny.chu)
    Yeah but I know how it feels to be called psycho, I've been dumped twice over my lyrics and I know how it feels for people to gang up on me.

It's the exactly same situation here and what makes me disgusted is that everyone is so quick to point the finger. The girl is putting her emotions into art and I think that's beautiful. Some people would just put into actions.
    expression is good, but why not talk to people about stuff too? How are pictures better than people?

ReputationRep:
    She is clearly nuts. I'd dump personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    She is clearly nuts. I'd dump personally
    can u PM me the link, please??

ReputationRep:
    I can PM the link.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PM me the link please!!!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone send me the link please?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PM me the link please, so i understand what your dealing with..

Definately speak to her about it, she clearly needs help, and your in the position to do that.
    It could just be her way of expressing herself but from you explaining brief details of her past it seems that this problem lies far deeper.
    Good luck

Abbi xoxo

ReputationRep:
    To be totally honest I think you do need to be worried, but only from her point of view. You say she has suffered abuse in her life, well its pretty obvious from her blog that this is true, and that she is indeed finding it hard to deal with. If you look past all the disturbing images and actually LOOK at them, for example ~ there are lots of naked women, with brusies and cuts on various parts of their body, this may be linked her and maybe to physical abuse suffered. She is also showing parts of the body that could signify possibly sexual abuse occured, by showing breasts, lots of naked skin etc, but also there are many pictures of legs, knees, smalls heads etc ~ I think this is expressing her vulnerability and loneliness in the situation. Pictures of children could tell you when the abuse occured, or again signify that she is feeling maybe powerless, vulnerable etc, like that of a child. She is kind of telling you her story in the only way she feels comfortable expressing it, and the drugs and wild lifestyle could have simply been escapism. She is obviously in a dark place, the quotes/poems bring this to light. The whole blog is how she is trying to exorcise the feelings inside her and deal with it, creative and shocking. Being a victim of abuse myself, I can easily see the other side of the story. I can tell you that she may keep all this well hidden, possibly seeming like a different girl altogether in your relationship. But until she receives support and comes to terms with what happened, she will always have this 'hole' inside her, a deadness that she cannot explain and one day it will all get too much for her. Like a bottle of fizzy shaken, shaken ~ if you do not open the lid a little at a time the whole thing will explode. I am one of the very lucky ones, you can help her to be to? But it isnt your responsibility either, you may not feel you can handle it, which would be understandable on your part.

Hope this helps!

There's very clearly some mental health issues to be discussed. You should be thinking of the best ways to help her without being patronising or intrusive.

ReputationRep:
    PM me the link please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
    We've just finished our assessments and got until tuesday off, so she's not been in college since at least I haven't seen her.
    Not picking up her phone or answering my texts.
    I'm in the process of writing her a long email.
    Did someone show her this thread?? Or am I just being paranoid
    Yes people showed her the thread, if you look in the archive there is a blog update saying people have linked her to this thread. Thus she has seen your posts and other peoples posts.

She has every right to feel annoyed with you quite frankly, posting her blog onto one of the largest student forums on the internet. Inviting people to pass judgement against her.

Also it's pretty pointless posting as anonymous on the forum now as I've managed to find you on facebook. On some of the photos on the blog your girlfriend has tagged them with her own name, if you type this into google her facebook page is the first result, her profile isn't fully set to private, thus it displays who her partner is... a certain Miss V Baring (I shan't post your full name). Whilst you might think you are anonymous by proxy of using the anon function, it is important to remember that no one is anonymous on the internet. In future consider carefully what you do with your personal information, what things you are willing to discuss and link to, as eventually it will all lead back to you.

ReputationRep:
    someone PM me the link please?

ReputationRep:
    I would like the link please, love for whoever pms it to me <3

ReputationRep:
    I just saw the link to her tumblr and I don't see what the fuss is about.

They are ARTISTIC photographs and paintings.
    In fact I think they are interesting. If you look at tumblr, you get other crazy type blogs with naked people and such. Its no big deal.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.