Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

just got shown gf's blog.. should i be worried?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeahyeahyeahs)
    I just saw the link to her tumblr and I don't see what the fuss is about.

They are ARTISTIC photographs and paintings.
    In fact I think they are interesting. If you look at tumblr, you get other crazy type blogs with naked people and such. Its no big deal.
    Can you PM me the link please? Curiosity, etc. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    expression is good, but why not talk to people about stuff too? How are pictures better than people?
    I never said pictures are better than people but art is not judgemental unlike people.
    If she came up to you and said she actually feels a certain way most would tell her she's a psycho and walk away/make fun of her. Not everyone feels the need to put their issues onto other people and some people find it hard to talk about personal stuff, she might be one of them.

At the end of the day she's an art student/artist and you've all just given her a heap of attention so I think it's Her 1 - 0 TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I can haz link nao!!!!!

Someone PM it too me please. I will reply kindly with Good or Bad neg whichever you want.

thanks to some of you, she's not talking to me

no like really, thanks a bunch guys.
    I'm the victim here, ffs

ReputationRep:
    Why did you post a link to her blog then?

ReputationRep:
    Link, pls?
    Much love to anyone who does.....
    And cookies.

ReputationRep:
    OP, from the sounds of it, your girlfriend is an extremely unhappy person. You can't just ignore this and hope it'll just disappear. You need to talk to her. She'll be rightfully annoying about you showing her blog to hundreds of people, but she obviously has some underlying problems which I think you should try to help her with, since you're probably one of the people she's closest to.
    If you're not ready to do this, then you'd be better off just dumping her and getting well away. If you can't deal with it properly, then you'll only make things worse.

I feel sorry for both of you, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a look at the blog. Whilst no one can deny that the content is rather macabre, I also found it kinda interesting to look at. I'd say it's just art, and some people, like your girlfriend, like to touch on very sensitive and controversial subjects that would shock others. I personally don't feel it's as bad as you or other people are making out, but then again I've seen all sorts whilst browsing round DeviantArt :dontknow:

I don't think it'rs really much cause for concern, but if you're really worried, then just talk to her - she's your girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Wahey, look what I found on it :awesome:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...kv45o1_500.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    PMd
    requesting link.
    I frequent 4chan, i doubt i can be phased. Sucks to be you though if she's a fruitbasket.

ReputationRep:
    can someone also pm link to me? thankss

ReputationRep:
    thanks to some of you, she's not talking to me
    Im sorry that has happened

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone PM me the link? Thank you!

seeing her tonight at party potentially
    spoke to her friend that showed me the blog
    apparently i'm in deep ****

ReputationRep:
    please pm me link

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PM me the link too please? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear about it. I don't know whether it really was a bad thing that you posted her blog on this forum. I mean tbh you gave her a hell lot of publicity, and her unique expression of art, surely people will admire that and some will hate it. People are going to get lovers and haters everywhere. I'm not sure why she would be angry with you? I mean the only thing you did was...ask for advice on this forum...what's wrong with asking people for advice?....

Anyways I love her blog, I think it's super cool. Loads of people are asking me to send them the link, but I'm not sure if I should after what has happened between you and her. Do you mind people still seeing it (Well it's not really YOUR blog) and is it ok to send them the link?

ReputationRep:
    I want to see the link too.
    Someone PM it to me please

ReputationRep:
    Someone please PM me the link? Positive rep for whoever does

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.