Turn on thread page Beta

just got shown gf's blog.. should i be worried?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh c'mon, someone please just spread the link around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon cos i know people on here

hey basically my girlfriend's best friend is on the same art course as all of us
    and she just facebooked me the link for my gfs blog that I knew existed but never really asked about cos it's her 'thing' or whatever

but yeah i've never really seen anything like this
    and i don't know what to think
    we haven't been together for very long..

she's very evasive, artistic, writes a lot... very intelligent but i've heard that she's hard a very err different life.. including eating disorders, drugs, all these theatrical parties and cities and **** and i don't know how much of it is true, she's very honest but i've heard she's never really fully open and is 'dead inside' according to some people who knew her last year

but it's been great between us so far and i didn't believe any of it but now that i've seen this...

what the **** man
    what should i do? should i tell her i've seen it or pretend nothing's happened? am i being over-sensitive?

thanks
    Is it possible for you to pm me the link?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone pm the link please?! The curiosity has gotten the better of me :/

ReputationRep:
    I would like to be PMed the link too please...

ReputationRep:
    Hey people I have about 30 PMs that want the link, so anyone else who wants it also PM me cos I'm not gonna go through the thread! Bear in mind I can only send one PM per minute so you might have to wait a while So, again, PM me if you want it!

ReputationRep:
    Comeon comeon comeon comeon! I WANT TO SEE! PM LINK!

ReputationRep:
    Well I think it's a bit creepy alright...I was too scared to click on some of the pics...

ReputationRep:
    Ummm, had a look at the blog. Was completely different to how I imagined.
    Fail to see how it's "extreme", I've seen worse things on daytime tv.

I don't understand how it's so bad that you actually aren't allowed to post the link... it's just a bunch of artsy fartsy photos and poems you'd get on any blog.

I'm not sure why people are calling her a psycho, it says very clearly that she is in art student, so she's obviously into that type of art.

There's some absolutely ridiculous jumping to conclusions with armchair psychology, diagnosing someone as having trauma due to a few photos on an art blog. :lol:

I've actually been in stitches at the hysteria on this thread, it's like saying because I like playing COD i'm into murder.

(Original post by insignificant)
    Are you mad? Do you think that pictures of bleeding cut vaginas, naked children in baths with adults and blood around someones mouth coming from you know where is acceptable? It's not right. Noones making fun of her because she does need help.
    Don't be so ridiculous. Firstly there was no bleeding cut vaginas, it was obviously period blood. Big deal, some post-modern statement about womanhood.

As for the kids in the bath... they were just some kids in the bath. Nothing sexual, and you couldn't see anything. It was just kids in the bath. I have a photo in my family album of something like that. It's called innocence.

And the someone with a bit of blood on their mouth, I've seen kids looking worse at halloween :lol: please get real.

ReputationRep:
    Link up please, although I'm a little worried about what I'll see

But from what other people are saying, that just sounds ****ed up. I think someone said earlier that this is worse than Tumblr, and I've seen loads of people put up pictures of cutting/mutilation/arty suicide attempt photos. But this sounds like something else.

What site is she publishing this on? Because surely they'd have rules against stuff like that?!

ReputationRep:
    please pm the link

I'm all excited

ReputationRep:
    Can I have the link by PM please?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen it.

Okay, it'a a little "out there", but it's just art as I see it. There's nothing particularly shocking there really. It definitely follows a theme, and if sex and violence is the theme then she's portrayed it quite well I thought.. It's not horrific or anything close to how disturbing i thought it was going to be.. Ask her, she'll probably be able to explain the concepts behind it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    I've seen it.

Okay, it'a a little "out there", but it's just art as I see it. There's nothing particularly shocking there really. It definitely follows a theme, and if sex and violence is the theme then she's portrayed it quite well I thought.. It's not horrific or anything close to how disturbing i thought it was going to be.. Ask her, she'll probably be able to explain the concepts behind it.
    pm me link?

ReputationRep:
    I'm burning with curiosity. Anyone nice enough to pm me the link?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, after looking through the blog I have to say it's really not that bad. People are seriously over reacting. As someone who uses tumblr frequently it's not really anything out of the ordinary, it looks like 50% of all the other blogs on there, actually it's pretty tame compared to some of the blogs there. Just a load of typical cliche arty photos. I dunno, maybe as an art student myself I've just become desensitised to that sort of thing.

While she may very well have serious underlying issues, the blog itself is not anything to be worried about. I also wonder why her friend pmed it to you, seems like she was was trying to **** stir if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Link...?

I actually think your kind of missing the point. The OP had heard rumours of her antics but obviously seeing them for himself has put things into perspective for him.
    It isn't just the pictures which are somewhat alarming, but her blogs are also concerning, a lot of it seems to be about self-hate.
    It wasn't just about the self-harm, bulimic/anorexic, cuts & bruises that are in those pictures because sure, as you say most people on Tumblr actually post that sort of stuff... It's really just the person the OP obviously didn't realise she was, and it is quite shocking to see actually considering that I at one point was probably bordering what she seems to have mentally now, I can sort of relate.

I just think this thread has been taken off topic quite a bit, it wasn't about just the pictures but more about his girlfriends mental state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I actually think your kind of missing the point. The OP had heard rumours of her antics but obviously seeing them for himself has put things into perspective for him.
    It isn't just the pictures which are somewhat alarming, but her blogs are also concerning, a lot of it seems to be about self-hate.
    It wasn't just about the self-harm, bulimic/anorexic, cuts & bruises that are in those pictures because sure, as you say most people on Tumblr actually post that sort of stuff... It's really just the person the OP obviously didn't realise she was, and it is quite shocking to see actually considering that I at one point was probably bordering what she seems to have mentally now, I can sort of relate.

I just think this thread has been taken off topic quite a bit, it wasn't about just the pictures but more about his girlfriends mental state.
    I don't think I'm missing the point, people are acting like the blog is an accurate indication of her mental state. We have no idea what's going through her head when she posts in it, yes, it could be a cry for help and deeper mental issues manifesting themselves, or maybe she just appreciates the artistic side of what she posts, maybe she just enjoys being melodramatic. People are making unfair conclusions. I don't think it's fair to say "she's not the person op thought she was" just because of a silly blog. Doesn't everyone have strange/dark thoughts from time to time, she's just choosing to express them in a tangible way. Lots of artists choose to express things that are taboo, doesn't mean they're mentally ill/have problems. She could very well have some severe problems, but the blog alone is not proof of that though and OP should not take it as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    I've seen it.

Can I have the link please?

ReputationRep:
    Link please?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.