Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it normal too fell like this after a breakup? *long* watch

Announcements

Anon please

Basically, during summer 2010 I met this girl, we connected instantly and things were going great. We started gonig out a week later (July) and everything was fine. We saw each other constantly, she would stay at my house for days. I went to University, but it was only 20 miles away so it shouldnt have changed much; it did however. It was fine too start with but we grew further and further apart, more me from her in all honesty. I never cheated but at time I felt an urge but it was never more than that. She is very needy and I'm thinking that may have put me off, but beforte, I loved how she always wanted to be with me.
    Around about Christmas I started to doubt my love for her and I told her I was having some wierd feelings but they passed. They soon returned in the last month r so and I felt it was cruel to keep teh relationship going if I didn't feel anything.

We eventully broke up yesterday and she was heartbroken. i was very upset as well which I don't understand as if I was the one who did it, why should I be upset, but I still am very much so. I talked too her tonight and explained things, she seems more understanding now but I still can't comprehend why I don't love her anymore. She's amazing and I still care about her. Part of me is thinknig we should get back together but I know it would probably be a mistake and the same thing would happen in time.

Here's the twist, a few months before I met her I was suffering from pretty bad depression, I was prescribed medication for it which helped and then I stopped taking them around the same time I met her. I am thinking that maybe my confused feelings are being cause by a relapse as I also feel my interest in University slipping away.

Basically I just want to hear people's advice on what to do and if this is or isn't normal behaviour.

Sorry if I rambled I wrote it off the top of my head.

Also, I am going back to the doctors to see if they will put me on the medication again, but then I wonder if that works, will I get back with her as if nothings happened?

BUMP

ReputationRep:
    You only broke up yesterday! You've said you care about her, and you've clearly upset her by breaking up and emotions are running high so it's only natural that you're feeling emotional too.

If you really truly care about her, then stop thinking about getting back with her already. It doesn't sound like you've made foolish decision, you've thought it out and I think you should stick with it. Concentrate on sorting yourself out and make sure you're in the right place mentally. For her sake, don't mess her around and keep changing your mind about whether you want her or not, because you'll hurt her a lot more in the long run than if you just have a nice clean break now.

Ok

ReputationRep:
    Lord help those who use the word 'basically' too much..

You sound like a bit of a sociopath (like me) - we should come with a warning sign, that's really all there is to it. All's fair in love & war etc..

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Lord help those who use the word 'basically' too much..

You sound like a bit of a sociopath (like me) - we should come with a warning sign, that's really all there is to it. All's fair in love & war etc..
    I'm not a sociopath, shutup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not a sociopath, shutup
    'Jus sayin' :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.