Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

sorry for lots of text..
    so basically, in mid-September 2009 I met this guy.. he came to learn English for a couple of months to the same school where I studied my A-levels. it's like a big international school offering many programmes, where all the students share the common room and the cafeteria and the school grounds.
    at first I hated him so much because he is the most arrogant person I've ever known in my life, and we had one common interest - the pool table in our lounge area. and every single day we had our small 'pool competitions' where the loser had to wake up early for the next week/wear PJs to the classes etc.
    and then we started hanging out quite a lot and I started to like him - we had fun, we talked a lot, watched movies together in the common room. however, all his friends were making fun of him because I liked him and everyone knew that. you see, I used to be that chubby (size 12, but I'm quite short) 'funny girl' with a pretty face, and he was all like cool macho type and the more popular girls like him too.
    but he was always nice to me, writing facebook messages at 3 am like 'lets go for a cigarette', and we went to the smoking area and spent like an hour on average there just smoking and talking about bunch of different stuff. when all the kids from the school go out to the club, he usually had a few drinks with me during the night and then disappeared with his friends again.
    when he got ill, I was the one who looked after him, bringing the hot tea/medicine/food to his room. he was very thankful and I was generally happy being with him.
    I wrote him a private message on facebook saying that I like him, but unfortunately one of his friends was using his profile at that exact moment so I didnt get a reply and he was made fun of again.. however, he didnt stop talking to me and everything was the same after that.
    one day I came up to him and started the usual chat and his friend joins us:
    - hey, tell her the big news!
    - what news? - I asked.
    - about the girl, - his friend continued, - come on, tell her!
    I looked at the guy I liked, but he didnt say anything and he didnt even look me in the eye.
    - he found himself a girlfriend! - his friend told me.
    - is that true?
    He didnt day anything, so I was like:
    - I gotta go.
    obviously, after that I stopped talking to him for a couple of days, even when he came up to me I was either ignoring him or purposely talking to my friends in russian.
    and then the day before he left he came up to me and asked to come to the club tonight because it was his last night. I ignored him again, but my friend told him I'd go.
    so I went there, waited for him to appear. he appeared, we danced in a group of 7-8 people and then later I saw him making out with that girl. I couldn't stand it and left as soon as I made sure that he wont see me leaving.
    unfortunately, he did see me and he caught me when I was putting on my jacket. he said that it was his last night and that he wont see me tomorrow so he wanted to say goodbye now. I didnt say anything and I couldnt move at all because I was so angry and frustrated. and after that he kissed me, and I just left without saying a word. I bumped into him the next morning and didnt say anything again. I regret this every day now.
    ..I thought I'd get over him, but it just goes on and on. he left in late November, we chatted quite often on facebook, until mid January 2010 when he posted this terrible profile picture where he was kissing that girl. he posted this pic and wrote to me the usual 'how r you', and I just got so angry that told him that I hated him and never wanted to talk to him again. in February my friends told me it was better to delete him from my friends on facebook and I did that.
    the funny thing is, as soon as he left I became really good friends with all of his friends he had at our school, and we all still keep in touch with all those guys and meet up even though they are all now back to their countries and I'm at the uni.
    I tried adding him back to friends in August but he declined.

I know it is a dead end, I really hoped that I will find someone when I get into the uni but it didnt happen, no-one feels right..

any advice on getting over him?
    ps, I'd love to be at least friends with him again. he is such an amazing person, but I'm too scared of what he'd think about me if I write to him now.. he'd probably think I'm a creepy stalker.

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr

sounds like you only like him because he's a different nationality to you? tbh I didn't really read beyond the first line but because he went to learn English at your school, I assume he's a different nationality.

no, all the kids there were different nationality there, it is an international school after all.

ReputationRep:
    You're not fulfilling your destiny.

keep telling that to myself for a long time now, still cant get over him. :\

ReputationRep:
    Is he Italian?

Dutch

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.