Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

have an offer form QM, having a life crisis deciding what to do. Basically my last uni was really antisocial and boring so I want to make sure QM is decent.

Where do students go on a night out clubbing? I know there are the big London clubs but on average how often do students go to them?

Are there local decent clubs within walking distance?

How about just a relaxed night?

I just want to make sure this is the right place. Obv I don't want to be out clubbing every night but 1-2 times a week at a decent club having a decent night!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rallo)
    Hi guys,

have an offer form QM, having a life crisis deciding what to do. Basically my last uni was really antisocial and boring so I want to make sure QM is decent.

Where do students go on a night out clubbing? I know there are the big London clubs but on average how often do students go to them?

I just want to make sure this is the right place. Obv I don't want to be out clubbing every night but 1-2 times a week at a decent club having a decent night!

Thanks
    I suppose it depends on what you're after.

If you're new to the whole clubbing thing then Drapers (the SU, still very new and shiny) will be good fun. It's on the campus, cheap, standard club music, open 6/7 nights a week. The various sports teams have all their sessions etc at Drapers so it does become rather wild on those nights. If you want a "relaxed" (but cheap and fun night) I guess Drapers is the place for you. Popular with first years.

If you've been clubbing since you were 16, Drapers might seem a little dry however, so you'd head out to the West End (obviously a lot more expensive). In terms of local clubs...Brick Lane and Shoreditch are walkable or you can get the bus.

Not exactly sure what you mean by how often people go out clubbing, it kind of depends...as a fresher I would go out at least three times a week. Try doing that as a finalist and see how far it gets you :p:

In terms of sociability however QMUL and QM students are generally very sociable and know how to have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rallo)
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    Nearby club = Student Union Bar called Drapers
    Nearby relaxed night = Several Pubs and a Weatherspoons
    Central London is only 20 mins away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I suppose it depends on what you're after.

If you're new to the whole clubbing thing then Drapers (the SU, still very new and shiny) will be good fun. It's on the campus, cheap, standard club music, open 6/7 nights a week. The various sports teams have all their sessions etc at Drapers so it does become rather wild on those nights. If you want a "relaxed" (but cheap and fun night) I guess Drapers is the place for you. Popular with first years.

If you've been clubbing since you were 16, Drapers might seem a little dry however, so you'd head out to the West End (obviously a lot more expensive). In terms of local clubs...Brick Lane and Shoreditch are walkable or you can get the bus.

Not exactly sure what you mean by how often people go out clubbing, it kind of depends...as a fresher I would go out at least three times a week. Try doing that as a finalist and see how far it gets you :p:

In terms of sociability however QMUL and QM students are generally very sociable and know how to have fun
    This really .

Alright, brick lane is pretty close (on the free 25) and central is bout 20 mins on tube for places like Roxy/ Cheapskates in Soho plus a million other clubs/ bars/ gig venues depending on taste and budget

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.