Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is 2% a lot? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If one was 2%, or seven marks out of 400 or so, away from an A, would you consider that a substantial 'falling short' of that A?

ReputationRep:
    In short, no.

ReputationRep:
    bump...

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Go to bed

ReputationRep:
    Bump...

and, I ask because this was the case for me and it means that I am unlikely to get into better universities/courses because of it. Do you think that they would look at modules and perhaps even consider it as good as an A? Wishful thinking, I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Bump...

and, I ask because this was the case for me and it means that I am unlikely to get into better universities/courses because of it. Do you think that they would look at modules and perhaps even consider it as good as an A? Wishful thinking, I suppose...
    If they ask for an A they don't want a B, so in short it might cost you an offer.

You could include unit information to show how close you were, but with regards to the number of applicants to competitive courses these days, the uni are unlikely to lower their minimum entry requirements.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.