Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for dietetics at Hertfordshire and the course is paid for by nhs. My question is, can I apply for nhs Bursary and student finance? If not what is worth more. Also can anyone give a rough idea of how much I could be looking at? I'm 23 and been self sufficient for over 3 years so income will be 0 when I goto uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danwhite50)
    Ive applied for dietetics at Hertfordshire and the course is paid for by nhs. My question is, can I apply for nhs Bursary and student finance? If not what is worth more. Also can anyone give a rough idea of how much I could be looking at? I'm 23 and been self sufficient for over 3 years so income will be 0 when I goto uni
    As a NHS funded student, you are entitled to the non-income assessed and further reduced student loan of around £2350, and the income assessed NHS bursary of around £3000 (if you earn below £25,000).

You aren't eligible for a maintenance grant, the income assessed portion of the student loan, or any scholarship bursaries from your university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.