Turn on thread page Beta

Microgynon pill to Rigevidon anyone? watch

ReputationRep:
    OMG my appetite has gone through the roof too!

(Original post by debs27)
    I was the same. No mention from either the doctor or chemist about not taking break. I feel as though I am constantly eating on this pill having changed from Yasmin as it was flagged up as causing blood clots?

ReputationRep:
    I've been taking rigevidon for 6 days now (first time on the pill) and I already have spots all over my face. I'm 20 and have never had spots before, not even as a teenager. Has anyone else experienced this whilst on rigevidon? Should I wait or go talk to my nurse about this?

ReputationRep:
    I've been on rigevidon for nearly 5 months now. I'm moody every single day and for the last 2 months I've had really terrible depression. I cry atleast 4 times a week and I'm never happy . I don't want to ruin my relationship because of this pill !
    I went to the doctors about a month ago and she told me to stay on it for another 3 months. I'm not doing that because on Sunday I literally had a break down and I can't cope with this pill anymore. I'm going back to see her on Thursday and I will be asking for microgynon since I've heard loads of positive things about it.

Even though with rigevidon my periods have been fine and I've had no other problems but I defo need to change pill because I'm only 16 and I get moods even when I'm happy ... It's not right.

If there's any other good type of combined pill then please let me know

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if the active ingredients are supposed to be the same, Microgynon and Rigevidon are definitely different. I was on M for about 20 years, then they changed it to R. As it turns out the licensing has run out and now anyone can manufacture it - so someone has but there is something up with it.
    I was quite open minded to it, nice pink packet and all, same pill they said. However after a few years of getting more and more grumpy, snappy, putting on weight, more painful periods, tiredness etc never ever had problems with my sex drive, ever, and it has just plummeted - except at the end of the pill break when I started to get feelings again.
    So went to FPC and was put on Ovysmen - there was an improvement in libido but went into a horrible dark depression and suicidal thoughts. It was my partner who said it was probably the pill - I didn't even think about it, never had that with a contraceptive before. Anyway dropped that immediately, found an old prescription for R and went back on that. Everything all ok apart from the tiredness and moodiness. It wasn't until my experience with Ovysmen that I realised the effect of a different pill.
    Just went to see the nurse for a pill check and after a long conversation she has put me back on M. She showed me that R comes up as a suggestion when you request M on the system, shows the prices too. Anyway - hurrah, even after three days I do not feel tired - I was in the middle of a break anyway so been off R for 7 days. Maybe just because I was on M for so long I actually feel normal inside again for the first time in years.
    So my conclusion is that there is a difference between M and R - and no student or GP is gonna tell me otherwise - I know my body and my mind better than they know the pharmaceutical companies.

ReputationRep:
    After a discussion with the doctor today I have been put on to a pill called yasmin ... Does anyone know if it's good or not ? I'm happy that I'm not on rigevidon anymore.

I got switched from microgynon after having no problems with it to rigevidon, which the doctor assured me was exactly the same pill but under a different name. I'm not the type of person who worries about this and it was explained that the NHS is trying to save money by using 'non-branded' versions of the pill. This was fair enough, I thought, and thought nothing more of it and commenced taking the new rigevidon for 3 months.

I can tell you without a doubt that for me rigevidon had different effects than microgynon. During the first month the effects were not very noticeable but when I had a withdrawal bleed it was much heavier and more painful than it normally was on microgynon. I also got a few headaches now and then which is strange because I never usually do. During the second and third months, I began getting headaches in the afternoon everyday and feeling generally very tired and unwell. By the end of the third month, I was getting the headaches even more and feeling nauseous and very dizzy, and felt that whenever I stood up I would pass out. My appetite went completely and I felt so ill. I wondered if it could be the new pill and decided to ask to go back to a prescription of microgynon. I'm now almost at the end of my first month back on microgynon and I feel fine and healthy again. I haven't had a single headache all month.

Rigevidon might look the same as microgynon on paper, but it's not hard to imagine that the chemicals used will me manufactured in a different lab with different standards so I believe it is wrong to tell patients that they are exactly the same under a different name.

ReputationRep:
    This also happened to me. I only found out when I looked at my prescription the doctor never said he was going to change what I was on and im so bad how can he just do that without even tell me as its me that will take it. I did some research on it and I wouldnt of known to keep taking it without having a break. I will be talking to my doctor again just to tell him im so angry with how he did it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Gosh... Seriously, what is wrong with you people? I didn't read all posts but those that I did read were enough.
    Have you been to med school? Have you studied pharmay? Do you even know how "the pill" works?

1. The same ingredients work the same way. Those hormones will be absorbed the same way and your metabolism will do the exact same things. It's not like your body can sense that it's not the same brand and hence work in a different way. It might be something psychological. You don't believe it's the same, read up bull**** online, et voila, you don't feel well.
    Please, don't get me wrong. Those side effects that you have are a serious matter but I don't get why some of you get so angry and blame the doctor. If you don't feel comfortable with your current pill ask for another one. Ask for your old one or ask for a pill with different ingredients and see how your body reacts to it. There's no need in raging in online forums and act like a complete *****.

2. Those side effects that you have ( e.g. Depressions, acne, different libido...) are not specific side effects of that one pill that you take. Those are the side effects of ALL contraceptive pills. And if you don't feel well and completely forget that your pill might be causing the problems it's not the pills or your doctors fault. If you take some medication, you should be aware of what's happening to you, you should know what might be negative side effects. Simple. Of course, it might be surprising how different you perceive each pill but nevertheless it's not like the doctor wanted you to have those side effects. Please, use your brain.

3. You don't have to skip a break if you take the exact same pill only by a different brand. It IS the same pill. So once again: Your doctor or pharmacist didn't do anything wrong. No need to freak out. Even if you're not sure, just call your doctor. Why *****ing around?

4. "I know my body it's not the same" ...uhhhh, yeah, just, it's not your body, it's your psyche.

I know there will be a ****storm coming ahead. But seriously, I feel like some of you don't make use of their brains.

Cheers.

this happened to me, I think they're exactly the same but a different brand

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just been changed from my pill to rigevidon as we'll after using micronor for two years, I think the doctor (not my normal one) has got it wrong because I'm not supposed to be on a combined pill. Is this a combined pill? Because I get migraines on them. The doctor had said it's exactly the same but different manufacturer but I think she thought I said microgynon. I'm quite confused and more confused after reading your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KDobbo26)
    Hi, I have just been changed from my pill to rigevidon as we'll after using micronor for two years, I think the doctor (not my normal one) has got it wrong because I'm not supposed to be on a combined pill. Is this a combined pill? Because I get migraines on them. The doctor had said it's exactly the same but different manufacturer but I think she thought I said microgynon. I'm quite confused and more confused after reading your post.
    Yes - Rigedivon is a combined pill.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, I am trying to sort it out now.

ReputationRep:
    I was switched from Microgynon to Rigevidon about 2 weeks ago and I was told it is exactly the same so carry on taking the pill as you normally would...so I did and already I have had such awful side effects including bleeding, mood swings, and being very snappy and agitated. I have asked to go back and see another doctor (who isn't so useless) and be asked to go back on to microgynon as I was on it for 2 years and had no problems what so ever. Everything is about saving money nowadays, it may work for some people but not everyone so at least let the people it doesn't work for have the drug that works for them.

Is it just me or are other people having these side effects too? It makes me wonder if it is the drug or just me in general?

ReputationRep:
    I have been on rigevidon for 21 days I have just started my 7 day break. I am having the worst time ever with it, my moods are all over the place and I can't stop crying. My boyfriend says one thing out of place and I will be upset for hours and cry straight away, it's like tears on demand. Then on top of that I feel totally swollen and full of water retention. Also my boobs are like bricks and I really feel like not taking the pill again after my 7 days. I really want to start dianete but I have no acne or bad skin at all! I feel absolutely terrible and cannot sleep most nights. I wasn't like this before and I know for sure it's the pill as I've had sore breasts the whole time taking it and I've cried every day for the whole time. Someone please help me and give me some advice I'm scared I'm going nuts n going to ruin my relationship cos of being so crazy with the pill!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Omg finally someone who is going through the same as me! In horrible on it it's ruining my relationship I am horrible to him !!!

ReputationRep:
    They aren't exactly the same though if you look at the ingredients on both leaflets

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, Now Ive just read all the comments you have all left and im really shocked and scared. I recently had the implant taken out as it didn't agree with me then went straight onto the depo injection which made my bones feel really weak so stopped that. I went to my doctors to ask about the pill as I had had the microgynon before so assumed I would have that one again but was told at the last minute the doctor prescribed me the Regevidon. I have been taking it for 3 days and already I don't feel right. Im constantly bloated, have a constant headache, Sore breasts and stomache cramps. Im Worried it will get worse I wish I had found this site before. I don't know why the doctors do this to people. My doctor had said to me its exactly the same as the microgynon but its not.

ReputationRep:
    this is my third week of rigevidon and any type of pill as well, and within the past week I have felt nauseous and also a bit bloated as well, getting cold arms and back pains like I do when I'm on my period. When I'm on my break I'll see how I'm doing if any of these change, even if there is a change I'll finish 3 months and then change if I haven't got used to it! Although it did stop my 3 weeks of spotting, so that's something!

ReputationRep:
    This page is to help people who are suffering with the same problems. I was put in this pill and have been a mess for 2 weeks. I've even cried ( I never cry! ) all these comments are very helpful not *****ing

ReputationRep:
    Same and now I'm bleeding constantly! Not happy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.